Help support TMP

"Zona Alfa Question?" Topic

10 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the SF Discussion Message Board

Areas of Interest

Science Fiction

Featured Hobby News Article

508 hits since 24 Jan 2020
©1994-2020 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Dragon Gunner24 Jan 2020 2:25 a.m. PST

In the crew / team building portion of the game it states, "choose one ranged and one melee weapon". The only table I can find that kind of desinates the two is on page 25. Does this mean SMG, Shotguns and Pistols are classified as melee weapons? Does this mean the ranged choices are from the rifle table (i.e. AK-74 and AK-15)?

Norrins24 Jan 2020 4:56 a.m. PST

Might be a good question to ask on Lead Adventure link

Looking at the example on Page 33, a pistol is listed as a melee weapon, so like you I assumed that there's only two options for a rifle.

nnascati Supporting Member of TMP24 Jan 2020 5:13 a.m. PST

Are you on Facebook? There was a lengthy discussion on this very topic yesterday. If not, as Norrins said, try Lead Adventure.

Personal logo Dentatus Sponsoring Member of TMP Fezian24 Jan 2020 5:28 a.m. PST

Dragon Gunner and Norrins: pistols, shotguns, smgs are on the Melee Weapon table because the user doesn't suffer CA penalty when using them in Melee.
They are ranged weapons, but as they're listed on that table, technically, you CAN put them in the 'melee' weapon slot. That wasn't the intention tho.
If you want to continue this and other fascinating discussions, wander over to the FB Group.
link

Personal logo Dentatus Sponsoring Member of TMP Fezian24 Jan 2020 6:18 a.m. PST

Spotted this at Osprey's Blog this morning:

link

Norrins24 Jan 2020 6:29 a.m. PST

Dentatus – Thanks for the confirmation. I'm not on Facebook, so having the explanation here helps.

Personal logo Dentatus Sponsoring Member of TMP Fezian24 Jan 2020 6:37 a.m. PST

I know some folks aren't. I get it. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Dragon Gunner24 Jan 2020 7:57 a.m. PST

"There was a lengthy discussion on this very topic yesterday."-nnascati

Denatus answered the question but I would like to see the discussion, do you have a link? I searched the Facebook page and Lead Adventure Forum and did not find this topic.

nnascati Supporting Member of TMP24 Jan 2020 9:06 a.m. PST

Dragon Gunner, I'm not quite sure I know how to do that, but if you go to the Stalker 7 Facebook page, it is Ian Lima's post.

Personal logo Dentatus Sponsoring Member of TMP Fezian24 Jan 2020 11:04 a.m. PST

DG, you need to join the S7 FB Group. If you're on FB, ask to join, answer the questions, and mention TMP.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.