Help support TMP

"Thanksgiving favorites?" Topic

6 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Wargaming in General Message Board

Areas of Interest


Featured Hobby News Article

Featured Ruleset

Featured Showcase Article

GF9 Fire and Explosion Markers

Looking for a way to mark explosions or fire?

Featured Profile Article

Current Poll

Featured Book Review

354 hits since 30 Nov 2019
©1994-2020 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo Editor in Chief Bill The Editor of TMP Fezian30 Nov 2019 8:47 a.m. PST

You were asked – TMP link

…As our family has been adding new members through marriage, we see that there are different food preferences…

You voted for:

11% – "Turkey – white meat"
9% – "Mashed potatoes"
8% (TIE) – "Pumpkin Pie" OR "Stuffing/dressing"
6% (TIE) – "Cranberry sauce" OR "Turkey – Dark meat"

Thresher01 Supporting Member of TMP30 Nov 2019 12:19 p.m. PST

Yep, 1 and 2 are correct.

Then, good, well buttered rolls or bread.

Stuffing perhaps next.

Claim Jumper, Chocolate Silk Pie instead of Pumpkin Pie (the horror of the latter!).

A good torkey leg, well seasoned, and still warm/hot.

Not a big fan of cranberry sauce, even with orange juice, or orange zest in it.

Personal logo Herkybird Supporting Member of TMP30 Nov 2019 4:51 p.m. PST

Well, to all our American friends, Enjoy a Happy Thanksgiving, whatever way you enjoy it!

von Schwartz01 Dec 2019 6:55 p.m. PST

Gotta get a nice big helping of "home made" stuffing and a healthy ladle full of giblet gravy.

Bowman02 Dec 2019 7:05 a.m. PST

I don't get this poll. Only 9% prefer mashed potatoes? What do the other 91% prefer?

Personal logo COL Scott ret Supporting Member of TMP08 Dec 2019 6:51 p.m. PST

There were a lot of options, and most people I know have more than 5 things on the table at Thanksgiving.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.