Help support TMP

"A Freiburg hypothetical" Topic

8 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Napoleonic Battle Reports Message Board

Back to the Napoleonic Gallery Message Board

Areas of Interest

Napoleonic

Featured Hobby News Article

Featured Ruleset

538 hits since 10 Nov 2019
©1994-2020 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo War Artisan Sponsoring Member of TMP10 Nov 2019 11:06 p.m. PST

An old friend wrote to say that he would be in town this weekend and would enjoy getting together for a game, dinner and drinks. I was only too happy to oblige.

I threw together a little four player matchup set in the late autumn of 1813, during the pursuit after Leipzig.

picture

picture

An album of captioned photos can be seen here:

link

Enjoy,

Jeff

Yellow Admiral11 Nov 2019 6:56 a.m. PST

Your library looks unconscionably small. grin

That two-story mansion with dormers is a paper model? It has inset windows!

- Ix

mumbasa11 Nov 2019 9:16 a.m. PST

Thanks again, Jeff, for the AAR. Great looking game!
John

Personal logo War Artisan Sponsoring Member of TMP11 Nov 2019 10:16 a.m. PST

That's not the library, Ix, it's the Workshop. The library is another room down the hall.

That two-story mansion with dormers is a paper model? It has inset windows!

Yes, it is. And yes, it does.

Yellow Admiral11 Nov 2019 11:43 a.m. PST

That's not the library, Ix, it's the Workshop. The library is another room down the hall.
I was hoping you'd retort something like that. A tiny library would imply you have a superhuman memory, given the breadth and depth of your interests. Now I feel slightly less inferior. grin

The Glengoyne proudly announces itself, but what's in the decanter?

- Ix

Yellow Admiral11 Nov 2019 11:44 a.m. PST

This was on a smaller table than usual, but I like that there's still enough maneuver room for the generals to choose their ground and worry about flanks and depths.

- Ix

Personal logo War Artisan Sponsoring Member of TMP11 Nov 2019 11:57 a.m. PST

What you don't see is the Digital Library. I acquire about a half dozen digital books for every hard copy one, but I'll never get over the sheer animal pleasure of settling into a comfy chair with pipe in my teeth, a glass of whiskey within easy reach, and the weight of a nice, big paper-and-ink book in my lap. Call me hopelessly Old School . . . I don't care.

The table was a 5' x 6' – which is the same size as the vast majority of our games. With infantry battalions that fit on a 3" frontage when in line, that leaves plenty of maneuver room even when fielding a Corps on each side.

You could have guessed what was in the decanter if you'd thought about it. It's Teeling Small Batch.

Ragbones Supporting Member of TMP11 Nov 2019 12:37 p.m. PST

Beautiful looking game.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.