Help support TMP

"40mm Sharpe and Harper!" Topic

5 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Napoleonic Gallery Message Board

Areas of Interest

Napoleonic

453 hits since 7 Oct 2019
©1994-2019 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

grambo Supporting Member of TMP07 Oct 2019 1:20 a.m. PST

Having built up a collection of over 500 40mm Peninsular Napoleonics I thought it about time I added the 95th rifles. I was not even aware that Sash & Sabre did the Sharpe and Harper characters that I had been searching for so delighted to find them in the command pack. I think the S&S sculptor Chris has caught the likeness very well?

First base of 6 figures, all of my 'skirmish' units are of 2 bases.

Lee.

picture

picture

picture

picture

Phillius Supporting Member of TMP07 Oct 2019 12:48 p.m. PST

Nice.

40mm is such a great scale.

Aethelflaeda was framed07 Oct 2019 3:22 p.m. PST

A tad glossy in the finish for my taste, or is that just the lighting? But no…must resist buying a new scale no matter how nice.

Aethelflaeda
still carrying the honor of being banned in Boston and on TMP Talk

epturner Supporting Member of TMP07 Oct 2019 7:19 p.m. PST

Just fine for me.

I can hear John Tams (who played Hagman) singing in the background.

Eric

grambo Supporting Member of TMP08 Oct 2019 7:30 a.m. PST

Thank you chaps. I use vallejo satin varnish on all my 40mm Napoleonics, it does tend to lose some of the sheen with handling.

Whilst I have been painting and wargaming for 40 years or so I must admit that the 'Sharpe' series gave my enthusiasm a real boost, and as I now live in Spain it had to be the Peninsular War for me.

Here are my 5/60th Rifles and 43rd Monmouthshire Light Infantry, the 95th will complete my planned 'skirmish' bases.

Lee.

picture

picture

picture

picture

picture

picture

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.