Help support TMP

"Guns from the Future: The FN P90" Topic

10 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Firearms Message Board

Areas of Interest

Renaissance
18th Century
Napoleonic
American Civil War
19th Century
World War One
World War Two on the Land
Modern

375 hits since 23 Aug 2019
©1994-2019 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Tango01 Supporting Member of TMP23 Aug 2019 1:04 p.m. PST

"Any leap forward in design, fashion, and/or technology can be greeted as the harbinger of the future or a laughing stock by the masses. While this can be applied to personal electronics, clothing, and architecture; it can also be applied to firearms. During the 1980's, the western nations invested heavily in advancing weapons technology to overcome the numerical superior of the Warsaw Pact. This was the time of cutting edge weapon system like the Apache attack helicopter, the M1 Abrams, the Steyr AUG, night vision, laser sights, and the H&K G11. It was also during this time that there was a rise of international terrorism and the development of counter terrorism special operations units that operated in the shadows. The tool of these operators was the SMG, namely, the H&K MP5 9mm. However, the spread of bodyarmor caused the future of the 9mm sub gun to be questioned by military planners and soon there was work on new high velocity cartridges. It was the historic Fabrique Nationale Herstal firearms company that soon took the challenge of a new HV cartridge and developed one of the most iconic futuristic weapons of all time: the FN P90 PDW. In this new serial, we will be exploring and explaining real-world weapons system that are deemed "futuristic" and used by sci-fi creators. I thought that due to the P90's frequent usage as a future firearm, that this little Belgium weapon earned the right to be the first weapon in this new series…."

picture

Main page
link

Amicalement
Armand

Oberlindes Sol LIC23 Aug 2019 3:08 p.m. PST

Thanks. I've seen them in France, but not much in miniatures.

Thresher01 Supporting Member of TMP23 Aug 2019 5:39 p.m. PST

Hate that design.

Just looks silly, even if it works well.

TheWhiteDog23 Aug 2019 7:04 p.m. PST

Love the Carnik Con photo! I really miss that channel.

As for the P90, I've seen it used by Elhiem in 20mm, and a few not-SG1 figs. I wish there were a few more options in 28mm with modern SMG's. I'd love to have more figs with Kriss Vectors and HK UMP's.

chironex24 Aug 2019 4:27 a.m. PST

Some Hasslefree figures can be armed with these or the self-loading-only PS90. They're even available as spares.

Legion 424 Aug 2019 6:51 a.m. PST

Yes, in the Stargate Series the SG Tms used them. I like the Bullpup design. Certainly would be useful in many situations, IMO.

Shagnasty Supporting Member of TMP24 Aug 2019 11:24 a.m. PST

Almost as cool as the Styer.

Tango01 Supporting Member of TMP24 Aug 2019 11:50 a.m. PST

(smile)

Amicalement
Armand

SouthernPhantom25 Aug 2019 1:42 p.m. PST

They're neat little weapons – I'd love to have one to carry while hiking. Light, short weapons are great for carrying up in the mountains, especially where mountain lions and other dangerous wildlife are a realistic threat.

Tango01 Supporting Member of TMP25 Aug 2019 3:55 p.m. PST

Glad you like them my friend.

Amicalement
Armand

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.