Help support TMP

"Hiller vs Bernadotte in 1809" Topic

12 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Wargaming in the USA Message Board

Back to the Napoleonic Battle Reports Message Board

Back to the Getting Started with Napoleonics Message Board

Back to the Napoleonic Discussion Message Board

Areas of Interest

General
Napoleonic

829 hits since 19 Aug 2019
©1994-2019 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

The Wargaming Company19 Aug 2019 8:35 a.m. PST

Hiller pulls off a draw in what would have, could have, should have been a French victory, in this fictional 1809 engagement played with our friends at No Dice No Glory!

You can get the full after action report in our Gallery of pickup games.

The game played out in about two and a half hours. Checkout all the details in our Gallery.

-TWC
thewargamingcompany.com

Gunfreak Supporting Member of TMP19 Aug 2019 9:17 a.m. PST

I misread that as Hitler vs Bernadotte, I'm no Bernadotte fan, but thought it a bit over the top to compare him to Hitler.

I'm glad it was a good looking game instead.

von Winterfeldt19 Aug 2019 1:16 p.m. PST

very nice terrain, Bernadotte commanded the Saxons in 1809

Brechtel198 Supporting Member of TMP19 Aug 2019 2:13 p.m. PST

And Bernadotte failed as a commander in 1809 and was relieved and sent home by Napoleon.

Just Jack Supporting Member of TMP19 Aug 2019 3:02 p.m. PST

Awesome looking game, looked like loads of fun!
Thanks for posting.

Also, I received my fur mat, it's fantastic (I've been using it in the "KG Klink" WWII battle reports I've posted lately)!

V/R,
Jack

Korvessa Supporting Member of TMP19 Aug 2019 5:23 p.m. PST

Gunfreak,
you are not alone

The Wargaming Company19 Aug 2019 10:26 p.m. PST

Gunfreak Thanks, glad you like the look of the game.

von Winterfeldt & Brechtel198 Well, hence this being a fictional scenario, Radetzky also wasn't a subordinate of Hiller in 1809, neither was Ulm, and while Vincent was, the 3rd Hussars wasn't assigned to him, but in any case, it was a fun game!

Just Jack Glad to hear it about the game mat! And happy that you like the look of the game!

-TWC
thewargamingcompany.com

von Schwartz01 Sep 2019 6:35 p.m. PST

Where can I find these game mats, and is there a little variety in the type?

The Wargaming Company02 Sep 2019 11:33 a.m. PST

von Schwartz,

Where can I find these game mats, and is there a little variety in the type?

We offer them, so you can purchase them from us if you like. We currently offer two varieties. The Classic Grassland Mat is the one you see in these photos, its color varies based on light and direction of viewing as it is triple dyed three different shades. The other is the Static Grass Mat which is currently available for pre-order and expected to ship this fall.

-TWC
thewargamingcompany.com

Marc33594 Supporting Member of TMP02 Sep 2019 1:11 p.m. PST

Have to say I do like the look of your new static grass mat. Rather odd size though. How does one store the mats?

The Wargaming Company02 Sep 2019 3:06 p.m. PST

Marc33594,

Have to say I do like the look of your new static grass mat. Rather odd size though. How does one store the mats?

Thank you Marc. The size is very intentional, 4x6' and increments of of 4x6' are incredibly common table sizes, but if a mat is 4x6' then placing any hills underneath the terrain results in you having a mat that is too small for your table. By using 5x7' this is not an issue and provides more flexibility to players. It is very common for game mats to be sold in some deprivation of "4x6+" for this very reason.

The mats can be either rolled or folded, we ship them folded in reusable vacuum sealed bags which they can be packed back into fairly easily. That is what we do for transporting our demo/display units to shows and the like.

-TWC
thewargamingcompany.com

von Schwartz02 Sep 2019 6:07 p.m. PST

Thank you Marc. The size is very intentional, 4x6' and increments of of 4x6' are incredibly common table sizes, but if a mat is 4x6' then placing any hills underneath the terrain results in you having a mat that is too small for your table. By using 5x7' this is not an issue and provides more flexibility to players. It is very common for game mats to be sold in some deprivation of "4x6+" for this very reason

Very clever!

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.