Help support TMP

"Finnish horse harnesses for anti-tank guns" Topic

5 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the WWII Discussion Message Board

Areas of Interest

World War Two on the Land

Featured Hobby News Article

375 hits since 11 Aug 2019
©1994-2019 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Russell4212 Aug 2019 12:09 a.m. PST

There's a new article on the SOTCW (Society of Twentieth Century Wargamers) website, about harnesses made by the Finns to allow light anti-tank guns to be towed by horses instead of vehicles:
link

Lonkka1Actual12 Aug 2019 1:09 p.m. PST

Mr Parkin seems to get really carried away towards the end with reindeer.

Why not polar bears while he is at it?

Richard Baber14 Aug 2019 5:36 a.m. PST

They do use reindeer to tow sleighs and stuff in Finland, why is that so strange??

Personal logo deadhead Supporting Member of TMP14 Aug 2019 1:14 p.m. PST

This is strange to a passer by, one more interested in Napoleonic 28mm figures, from the only battle that really mattered and that in 1815.

But Finnish aircraft always interested me. Plus so many I made.

But somewhere in my OCD modelling…amongst total obsessionals like aircraft of Dec 7th 41, 2E DB of the Free French in Paris, landing craft of any design in WWII, Restoration troopers of Louis XVIII in 1814 (yes, that is a bit weird I admit)

I always wanted to model a Finnish unit with reindeer pulling some kind of a weapon. Steve McQueen was cool and, to this day, how many companies exploit that? (My Barbour International jacket is on order as I type this). But these blokes had an edge.

Those Finnish chaps. They……well I would not mess with them, even now. I have tried to find ski troops with reindeer in 28mm or 1/72 if not. Just to go on my shelves

Richard Baber16 Aug 2019 7:26 a.m. PST

Try explorer ranges – Copplestone maybe?? I`m pretty sure someone does a reindeer sled in 28mm, certainly there are Finns out there :)

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.