Help support TMP

"Does anyone make the Polish Rajtars in 28mm?" Topic

9 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Renaissance Discussion Message Board

Areas of Interest

Renaissance

Featured Hobby News Article

492 hits since 8 Aug 2019
©1994-2019 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Uesugi Kenshin Supporting Member of TMP09 Aug 2019 4:17 p.m. PST

Google search has come up nil so far. Anything I've missed or is this a missing group for Renaissance Poles?

Thanks.

Uesugi Kenshin Supporting Member of TMP09 Aug 2019 6:14 p.m. PST

Another question I guess I should ask is would these have looked any different from German cavalry st the time?

PeloBourbon10 Aug 2019 1:16 a.m. PST

Hi Uesugi,

The only reference I'm aware at the moment are the Essex's Rajtar:
link

Sorry no picture and I don't know how it stand beside the current 28mm ranges. If I remember well, the Essex miniature wore wide brimmed hat, the overall look was more western than eastern. (sorry for my english)

Cheers

Alberto

PandSSociety10 Aug 2019 1:48 a.m. PST

Rajtars are Western/German style 'lighter' cavalry – i.e. not Cuirassiers. Any figures from that kind of range will be fine.

Druzhina10 Aug 2019 1:58 a.m. PST
Phillius Supporting Member of TMP10 Aug 2019 11:11 a.m. PST

Western pistol armed horse really. Have a look at Avanpost.

oldnorthstate10 Aug 2019 3:18 p.m. PST

Pand S Society is correct. Any cavalry dressed in the western style would be appropriate.

Uesugi Kenshin Supporting Member of TMP10 Aug 2019 7:25 p.m. PST

Thank you all. Much appreciated.

Kadrinazi11 Aug 2019 1:20 a.m. PST

Actually in first half of 17th century Polish reiters could also be equipped as cuirassiers. Problem is that Poles tend to name all Western-type cavalry as 'rajtaria', without make any differences between cuirassiers, arkebusiers, etc. Polish reiters tend to be required to have 'three guns' (so two pistols and arkebus) and armour (but it wasn't specified what type). As they were normally recruited in Prussia, Livonia, Silesia and other near German-speaking countries, of course Western-type dress would be perfect to represent them.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.