Help support TMP

"6mm Gamers DON'T Spend Less Time Painting!" Topic

8 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the 6mm Napoleonics Message Board

Back to the 6mm Sci-Fi Message Board

Back to the 6mm WWII Message Board

Back to the Scale Message Board

Back to the Painting Message Board

Action Log

22 Jul 2019 10:16 a.m. PST
by Editor in Chief Bill

• Crossposted to Scale boardCrossposted to 6mm WWII boardCrossposted to 6mm Sci-Fi boardCrossposted to 6mm Napoleonics board

Areas of Interest

General
Napoleonic
World War Two on the Land
Science Fiction

Featured Hobby News Article

1,064 hits since 21 Jul 2019
©1994-2019 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo Editor in Chief Bill The Editor of TMP Fezian22 Jul 2019 10:15 a.m. PST

You were asked – TMP link

6mm Gamers Spend Less Time Painting and more time playing. With 6mm figures/models. True or false?

42% said "false"
16% said "true"

Mark 122 Jul 2019 11:37 a.m. PST

Clearly false, at least as applies to this particular 6mm gamer.

That said, I have seen 6mm gamers bring unpainted figures / vehicles onto the table on more than one occasion. And I have seen gamers bring under-painted (only spray base-coated, so basically small monochromatic blobs) onto the table on many more occasions.

But I have made up for all of these transgressions of untold numbers of gamers by the untold hours I have devoted to my own collection.

In fact I was going through my WW2 armies over this past weekend, to get some photos of the few Adler figures I have in my ready forces. I was impressed, duly impressed, by how much stuff I have managed to paint. I mean, you'd think I would know how much I have painted, as I was there most of the time. But wow, I found units that looked pretty darned good that I had forgotten I had! Companies and even battalions of tanks that have never seen a game board (yet).

And still so many still to be painted… and so many more I crave to buy.

-Mark
(aka: Mk 1)

Legion 422 Jul 2019 2:18 p.m. PST

Very False !

And still so many still to be painted… and so many more I crave to buy.
Very True !

Personal logo miniMo Supporting Member of TMP22 Jul 2019 3:37 p.m. PST

Less time per figure, yesss.

So many more figures…..

Frederick Supporting Member of TMP22 Jul 2019 4:32 p.m. PST

Agree – painting up 72 6mm cavalry for a cavalry brigade is not much faster then doing 24 in 28mm!

von Schwartz22 Jul 2019 5:13 p.m. PST

Can't see as it would make much difference at all, less paint of course but if you are doing WSS, SYW, Napoleonics or similar and are detail oriented, or as I like to say 'anal retentive' you probably spend nearly as much time as you would with 15s or 28s.

With a hell of a lot more eye strain!! (smile)

Whirlwind23 Jul 2019 6:09 a.m. PST

I remember one wise gamer writing that the amount of time one spent painting was roughly proportional to how much one spent on the models in the first place, assuming you were painting them yourself, regardless of what those models actually were.

BigLee23 Jul 2019 7:33 a.m. PST

False…but I'm trying to rectify the imbalance!

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.