Help support TMP

"4 by 8 terrain mat?" Topic

9 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Terrain and Scenics Message Board

Areas of Interest

General

699 hits since 7 Jul 2019
©1994-2019 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

The Membership System will be closing for maintenance in 12 minutes. Please finish anything that will involve the membership system, including membership changes or posting of messages.

Personal logo Private Matter Supporting Member of TMP07 Jul 2019 8:41 a.m. PST

Does anybody make a 4 by 8 mouse mat terrain mat? and one that can be shipped to the United States within the next two weeks?

Striker07 Jul 2019 10:09 a.m. PST

TinyWargames makes mouse mat material and has a US seller. This is the seller's site

https://gamematsandmore.myshopify.com

Both are on facebook if you use that. I would recommend you email Chuck (US guy) before ordering to verify what is in stock. There have been some shipping issues from the UK, volume related I believe. If he has what you're looking for you'll probably be able to get it within 2 weeks no problem. But email him for sure.

gamestuff@charter.net

martin goddard Sponsoring Member of TMP07 Jul 2019 12:34 p.m. PST

Tiny mat does good work.

Personal logo Extra Crispy Sponsoring Member of TMP07 Jul 2019 1:21 p.m. PST

If you just want green or sand for your mat (i.e. no fields or roads printed on it) check out your local fabric store. Many cloths come in 48 and 60" widths and you can buy as long a mat as you need.

There is a cotton print that looks like the background in school photos. Comes in a variety of colors and the mottling helps break up the "battle of the 19th green" look. I have tan for desert, blue for ocean and reddish brown for Mars.

Personal logo Private Matter Supporting Member of TMP07 Jul 2019 5:16 p.m. PST

Thanks for the suggestions folks, but I am specifically looking for a mat in Mouse Mat material that is 4 x 8 at least. The largest I have found has been 4 x 6. Your suggestions are appreciated but unless there is something that I missed are quite right. Thanks any way.

fantasque08 Jul 2019 2:31 a.m. PST

Most companies will do custom sizes if you ask. I got a 7 x 5 recently, for example. Sized so I can use it on a 6x4 table as a flat mat with hills on top or draped over hill blocks.

Striker08 Jul 2019 1:53 p.m. PST

I know Tinywargames do larger than 4x8. I can't say 100% about the mouse pad material but I own 2 10x6 mats in their normal cloth.

AegonTheUnready Supporting Member of TMP09 Jul 2019 4:23 p.m. PST

Is there no one that makes these in the US? Shipping from the UK adds significantly to the price. :(

YogiBearMinis Supporting Member of TMP11 Jul 2019 5:13 a.m. PST

8x4 should be doable. From some stuff I have read, widening beyond 4' is the big problem for many.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.