Help support TMP

"Neal Thomas Napoleonic Wargaming Question" Topic

5 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Napoleonic Discussion Message Board

Areas of Interest

Napoleonic

548 hits since 9 Jun 2019
©1994-2019 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Nick Stern Supporting Member of TMP09 Jun 2019 10:55 a.m. PST

I plan to run a Waterloo game on June 18th using the rules in the subject line. I like the idea of fielding commanders on the table and I have seen photos of them in games using the rules, but I cannot find a use for them in the rules. Am I missing something?

Whirlwind09 Jun 2019 11:06 a.m. PST

I plan to run a Waterloo game on June 18th using the rules in the subject line. I like the idea of fielding commanders on the table and I have seen photos of them in games using the rules, but I cannot find a use for them in the rules. Am I missing something?

No. But there are some Napoleonic Rules in his Wargaming: An Introduction rules which do use generals (IIRC) and there are rules for generals in his 19th Century European Warfare rules.

Nick Stern Supporting Member of TMP09 Jun 2019 11:10 a.m. PST

Whirlwind, I have those books too. I will check them. Thanks!

parrskool09 Jun 2019 11:49 a.m. PST

Also, lots of variants on the yahoo group page for AMW….. where all of NT's rules are discussed even though the AMW stands for Ancient & Medieval Wargames (!)

Nick Stern Supporting Member of TMP09 Jun 2019 5:03 p.m. PST

parrskool, thanks for the tip! There's a ton of good stuff in the files section.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.