Help support TMP

"Parking for Vendors at Historicon" Topic

10 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Conventions and Wargame Shows Message Board

Areas of Interest

General

586 hits since 15 May 2019
©1994-2019 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

The Membership System will be closing for maintenance in 13 minutes. Please finish anything that will involve the membership system, including membership changes or posting of messages.

ScottWashburn Sponsoring Member of TMP15 May 2019 4:23 a.m. PST

An awful thought just struck me about the upcoming Historicon convention. Vendors have been promised reserved parking in the convention center parking garage.

Most parking garages have a rather low height limit for vehicles. What about vendors with oversize vehicles? I drive a minivan, but I need a cargo pod on the top to fit all my stuff. A lot of other vendors show up with panel trucks or other tall vehicles. Are we going to be out of luck?

Personal logo Dervel Supporting Member of TMP Fezian15 May 2019 4:37 a.m. PST

This might help.

link

Not sure which site is the convention center garage mentioned, but the Penn Square lot has a 6.8ft limit.

There are lots (i.e. not garages) listed in the above link that will take larger vehicles.

I suspect they must have a deal with a lot that can handle trailers and larger vehicles.

PzGeneral15 May 2019 5:34 a.m. PST

Can't speak for Historicon, but at ORIGINS there is a special area for Vendors to load and unload. Not being snarky here, but it is the centers delivery area.

I can only assume that every Convention area has one.

I'd email the Organizers and ask if that is the plan.

Personal logo Dervel Supporting Member of TMP Fezian15 May 2019 5:45 a.m. PST

The website has the procedures for loading in an out through Vine Street. Limited details, but pretty standard for an in city convention center.

PDF link

I would agree with PzGeneral, email the organizers and see what has been arranged.

ScottWashburn Sponsoring Member of TMP15 May 2019 5:50 a.m. PST

Loading and unloading isn't what I'm worried about. There is a loading dock. It's where to park afterward.

Personal logo Dervel Supporting Member of TMP Fezian15 May 2019 6:04 a.m. PST

Yes the procedure states contact the convention organizers to see what they have arranged for parking.

" Parking is available in the surrounding parking garages of Lancaster City. Please see attached map, your Show Manager may have arranged parking in a specific garage for Vendors. Parking in the loading area is prohibited. "

KPinder15 May 2019 6:18 a.m. PST

I know there is a surface level parking lot available for oversized vehicle parking, but it isn't very large. It's on the south side of Vine St, right across from the Con Ctr. I'm sure one of the ConOps guys will pick up on this link and provide chapter and verse.

Brian9815 May 2019 9:18 a.m. PST

In addition to the Penn Square lot, HMGS has rented the entire open air lot across the street to be used solely for vendors with larger vehicles. Also, the restriction of no parking in the alley has been lifted for us as well. If we need even more space for the larger vehicles, there is another open air lot that Joby (the convention director) has in mind. Rest assured, the staff is on top of it. If you have any questions at all, just send an email. Joby is extremely responsive. Hope this helps.
Best regards,
John Spiess
Treasurer
HMGS, Inc.

ScottWashburn Sponsoring Member of TMP15 May 2019 9:41 a.m. PST

Excellent! Thank you for quelling my concerns so quickly :)

47Ronin15 May 2019 4:23 p.m. PST

Thanks, John.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.