Help support TMP

"Pictures from a Dungeon Crawl redux" Topic

10 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Dungeoncrawls Message Board

Areas of Interest

Fantasy

513 hits since 13 Mar 2019
©1994-2019 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Dentatus Fezian13 Mar 2019 8:02 a.m. PST

try, try again…

Grandsons 1 and 2 brought a bit of combat to the dungeon tiles recently. To be continued.

A do-over would find me using different glue for the walls -> floor. Weldbond doesn't have the grip.

A couple more pix at the blog.
link

Louie N13 Mar 2019 8:45 a.m. PST

It looks great.

chuck05 Supporting Member of TMP Fezian13 Mar 2019 9:50 a.m. PST

Looks like fun. What rules are you using?

Louie N13 Mar 2019 10:12 a.m. PST

What rules are you using

Dentatus Fezian13 Mar 2019 11:37 a.m. PST

Glad you like it.

I wrote up a simple IGO-UGO set of rules: D6s, a Treasure Table, 4+ a success to Hit, Block, Cast a Spell, Search. Each character has 2 Wounds, a pool of Power Points (green glass stones) they can spend to re-roll or use a Special Ability. They can regenerate a Power Point by resting a turn, the Cleric can Heal…. They're 7 and 8 years old. They win a lot.

Personal logo miniMo Supporting Member of TMP13 Mar 2019 2:06 p.m. PST

Very nice dungeon for the crawling!

nnascati Supporting Member of TMP13 Mar 2019 3:23 p.m. PST

Looks great. Love that you've got the grand kids gaming. I wish I could get my grand daughter interested.

Dentatus Fezian13 Mar 2019 5:01 p.m. PST

Thanks guys.

Nick, my granddaughter has played once or twice, but only because of her brothers. She loves games in general, but prefers Grandma's company over Grandpa's toy soldiers.

Gone Fishing14 Mar 2019 6:24 a.m. PST

Your setup looks absolutely amazing. Very well done. If you ever feel the need for another, fifty year old, grandson, do let me know…

catavar20 Mar 2019 9:37 a.m. PST

Congrats. I think that's awesome. I like your rules of play as well.

I've got mine playing with Hasbro Star Wars figures and a simple six-sided dice to hit. I'm working on re-basing my D&D figs and keeping my fingers crossed they'll put the video games down.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.