Help support TMP

"Warcry" Topic

16 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Fantasy Product Reviews Message Board

Back to the 28mm Fantasy Message Board

Back to the Warhammer Message Board

Areas of Interest

Fantasy

482 hits since 12 Mar 2019
©1994-2019 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo Pictors Studio Sponsoring Member of TMP12 Mar 2019 9:45 p.m. PST

Looks like the newest Fantasy Skirmish game from GW will be out this summer.

link

They are promising that it will be completely different from everything that has come before. Perhaps so. They have been knocking just about everything they have released recently out of the park so I wouldn't be surprised if this is great too.

I'll be buying it for the models if nothing else.

They are saying the models will reflect the diversity of Chaos in a "scale never attempted before."

Looks like the starter set might be coming with some sort of Khorne reavers vs. human followers of the Rat God. Very interesting. Skaven are the one faction I don't have for Chaos.

Personal logo Pictors Studio Sponsoring Member of TMP12 Mar 2019 9:48 p.m. PST

picture

Soaring Soren13 Mar 2019 4:01 a.m. PST

I may need some fantasy Khorne models myself. Want? Need? Is there really a difference?

Personal logo Pictors Studio Sponsoring Member of TMP13 Mar 2019 8:21 a.m. PST

Pictures of the models:

picture

picture

https://i.imgur.com/FrLcLhm.png

https://i.imgur.com/go2yxZU.png

picture

picture

picture

picture

picture

picture

picture

picture

picture

picture

picture

I'm really liking the new harpies. It is nice to see some that aren't insectoid.

Mithmee Supporting Member of TMP13 Mar 2019 7:46 p.m. PST

They have been knocking just about everything they have released recently out of the park so I wouldn't be surprised if this is great too.

That is very debatable since everything that they have put out is overprice and there are far better miniatures out there.

So like always I will be passing on this.

Personal logo Pictors Studio Sponsoring Member of TMP14 Mar 2019 4:34 a.m. PST

It would seem like very little they have put out is overpriced given that they have record sales and can't even keep many items in stock. People buying all of your stuff is pretty much proof that it isn't overpriced.

Dave Gamer14 Mar 2019 4:41 a.m. PST

This looks like a reimagining of Mordheim in the AOS universe. I'm interested in the new game mechanics. I'll wait until I see the initial reviews and battle reports before laying out my hard earned dosh…

Personal logo Pictors Studio Sponsoring Member of TMP14 Mar 2019 6:48 a.m. PST

I'm wondering if it won't be like the path to glory that they released in the early 2000s.

I'm hoping it will do for fantasy skirmish what infinity did for sci fi.

Mithmee Supporting Member of TMP14 Mar 2019 12:55 p.m. PST

It would seem like very little they have put out is overpriced given that they have record sales and can't even keep many items in stock. People buying all of your stuff is pretty much proof that it isn't overpriced.

Gee, Overprice items = Record Sales since their Fanboyz are paying more than they should be.

As for stock why is it that both FLGS near me have so much of their stuff and even when they put it at 30%-50% off it still does not sell.

Plus GW will piece this out to their Fanboyz so that they can get even more money from them.

Come on I was at one of the FLGS and they had a single GW miniature that was selling for $35 USD and it was not that get of a miniature.

Their stuff is nothing but overpriced.

I can get 20 Miniatures for the $35 USD and they are far better.

link

Personal logo Pictors Studio Sponsoring Member of TMP14 Mar 2019 2:56 p.m. PST

It is simple economics. If it sells, it is not overpriced. By definition.

Mithmee Supporting Member of TMP15 Mar 2019 5:14 p.m. PST

Well it up to you and you can either pay $35 USD and get:

One miniature from GW looking at you Severina Raine

link

Or you can spend less than that and get 20 miniatures and have some money left over.

link

Personal logo Pictors Studio Sponsoring Member of TMP15 Mar 2019 11:13 p.m. PST

I'm not interested in Severina Raine, but I did just choose the new Noise Marine over that box of 20 miniatures, as did so many other people that it was sold out for months.

williamb16 Mar 2019 7:19 a.m. PST

People buying an item doesn't mean that it is not overpriced. Games Workshop has a habit of pricing better units at a higher cost compared to basic units even though they are usually fewer of them and the figures are comparable as far as quality and material. When I can get a plastic orc for 50 centsUSD that is just as good compared to $3 USD or more from GW I am not going to throw my money away buying from GW.

Payless Shoes had a perfect example of people willing to buy overpriced items when they opened up several popup stores at malls with their regular items priced at 10 to 20 times their actual price and people were purchasing them. Of course they later told the customers the truth. The television advertisements were interesting to see.

Personal logo Bowman Supporting Member of TMP16 Mar 2019 7:44 p.m. PST

I don't care what other people tell me about what value I should put upon things and what I should be prepared to pay for them. I'm not interested in 90% of what is produced for this hobby and therefore it doesn't matter what others pay for their toys.

It is very subjective but I find these figures very uninspiring. To my eyes they look pretty lame.

williamb16 Mar 2019 8:15 p.m. PST

@Bowman I agree with you 100%

Personal logo Pictors Studio Sponsoring Member of TMP18 Mar 2019 7:19 p.m. PST

williamb you are wrong. In the case of something like a miniature people buying an item does mean that it is not overpriced.

The problem with your argument is this part "When I can get a plastic orc for 50 centsUSD that is just as good compared to $3 USD USD or more from GW"

Your valuation of the Orc from GW and the Orc from somewhere else does not determine the value. That is up to individuals. Your statement PROVES that GW figures are generally not overpriced.

In a competitive market, when people have other options, if people are still buying your product it is not overpriced.

If the people buying the shoes were willing to pay 10-20 times the price then they were not overpriced either.

Something is overpriced when no one, or too few, is/are buying it. The price is higher than the value of the item.

With GW this is obviously not the case as their revenues continue to increase. People are buying their product at record levels.

I do think it is interesting that all this GW hate keeps bumping this thread to the top of two fantasy boards, it is like free advertising for them.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.