Help support TMP

"The Weathertop" Topic

7 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Fantasy Discussion Message Board

Back to the Terrain and Scenics Message Board

Areas of Interest

General
Fantasy

555 hits since 8 Mar 2019
©1994-2019 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Tango01 Supporting Member of TMP08 Mar 2019 10:08 p.m. PST

Nice!

picture

Main page
coolminiornot.com/432260

Amicalement
Armand

darthfozzywig Supporting Member of TMP08 Mar 2019 11:23 p.m. PST

Nice.

Wackmole9 Supporting Member of TMP09 Mar 2019 7:04 a.m. PST

MY only problem with this wonderful layout and the movie is

Weathertop is a scene of action in The Lord of the Rings. After fleeing from Bree, Strider and the hobbits avoided the main road and approached Weathertop from the north. At the top they discovered a cairn with a message from Gandalf, and saw the Ringwraiths approaching in the distance along the road.

In 1409, Weathertop was surrounded by a great host from Angmar. Arveleg was killed and the Tower of Amon Sūl was burned and razed.

Over time the ring of stones that had once been the foundation of the Tower of Amon Sūl crumbled and became overgrown with grass

So its just a circle of the stone foundation of the tower and not a full ruin.

Personal logo ColCampbell Supporting Member of TMP09 Mar 2019 8:30 a.m. PST

I agree with Wackmole. Although it is a very well done diorama, the action against the ringwraiths that night at Weathertop occurred in a sheltered dale on the hillside, not in the "wide ring of ancient stone-work, now crumbling or covered with age-long grass."

Jim

Personal logo Grelber Supporting Member of TMP09 Mar 2019 8:31 a.m. PST

Nice work, however I have to agree with Wackmole9. Standing up, watching the Ringwraiths approach on the road, Aragorn, Frodo, and Sam were exposed to view; with a setup like this, it would have been easy to take cover and watch.

Grelber

Tango01 Supporting Member of TMP09 Mar 2019 11:40 a.m. PST

Glad you like it (partially) guys!. (smile)

Amicalement
Armand

wizbangs12 Mar 2019 6:59 a.m. PST

It appears the creator based it on the movie, not the book.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.