Help support TMP

"Troop transport" Topic

14 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Utter Drivel Message Board

Areas of Interest

General

526 hits since 5 Mar 2019
©1994-2019 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Bashytubits05 Mar 2019 12:53 p.m. PST

So are you troops given adequate space when transported to battle or do you cram them in like sardines?

Personal logo etotheipi Sponsoring Member of TMP05 Mar 2019 3:17 p.m. PST

Adequate space is a relative concept.

picture

Oberlindes Sol LIC05 Mar 2019 4:19 p.m. PST

My wife and I watched some of Aliens, which came on really late last night, and she commented, "only like eight of them? and all that empty space in the ship? Stupid waste."

Dn Jackson05 Mar 2019 10:55 p.m. PST

Reminds me of the cattle cars we used to ride in to and from training on base

Legion 406 Mar 2019 11:30 a.m. PST

Yeah I remember those too Don ! They certainly treated us like cattle at times ! evil grin

Personal logo etotheipi Sponsoring Member of TMP06 Mar 2019 2:58 p.m. PST

picture

Personal logo javelin98 Supporting Member of TMP06 Mar 2019 3:25 p.m. PST

Riding in the back of an M113 in full battle rattle was never a comfortable experience. You would be shoulder to shoulder with your squad mates and have your rifle clamped between your knees. It was even worse in the A2 series vehicles, because the fuel capsule was on the inside of the vehicle on the left-hand side; the A3 series put the fuel capsules on the outside, so at least you could lean back a bit. I can't tell you how happy I was when I made sergeant and was able to stand up out of the cupola behind the .50 cal.

Legion 408 Mar 2019 8:07 a.m. PST

Amen to that ! As a Mech Co Cdr, I usually rode in the cupola or in the open troops hatch. With my head and shoulders sticking out so I could see what was going on, etc.

At times in the ROK, many times the troops rode on the top if the M113. As we learned in SE Asia, if you are in an M113 when it hits a booby trap[IED] or mine. It wouldn't be pretty. But when you start taking incoming. Being inside will help with your survivability. At times … maybe … frown

Personal logo etotheipi Sponsoring Member of TMP08 Mar 2019 8:13 a.m. PST

So, you guys were looking for a more open-air solution?

picture

Legion 409 Mar 2019 8:21 a.m. PST

Wow ! That's a lot of bacon !!!!

von Schwartz09 Mar 2019 5:36 p.m. PST

Mmmm, bacon!

Bashytubits09 Mar 2019 7:36 p.m. PST

Ah the old reliable baconator Mk. I. In case of emergency eat transport.

Personal logo etotheipi Sponsoring Member of TMP11 Mar 2019 8:42 a.m. PST

In case of emergency eat transport.

I had someone point out that that meal carries its own bbq fuel.

von Schwartz12 Mar 2019 4:59 p.m. PST

I'm not sure I wanna go there!

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.