Help support TMP

"Insectoids" Topic

6 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the 28mm Fantasy Message Board

Back to the 28mm Sci-Fi Message Board

Back to the 3D Printing Message Board

Areas of Interest

General
Fantasy
Science Fiction

578 hits since 12 Feb 2019
©1994-2019 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo Bashytubits Supporting Member of TMP12 Feb 2019 11:11 p.m. PST

The Editor, he who like Root Beer, had a comment not too long ago that gamers want insect people. So since I have been working on my digital sculpting I thought why not?
So here is my attempt at Sci Fi Insectoids. They should fit in any Sci/fi, Horror or even fantasy setting. Here are some pics of the first set of tries. All the models shown in CAD are 28mm scaled, I placed humans in the scenes to help show scale.

picture

a scene with my Sci Fi Space Gorillas and Human soldiers against the new kids on the block.

picture

picture

Here are some individual screenshots.

picture

picture

picture

picture

picture

picture

So new aliens on the block.

The H Man Supporting Member of TMP13 Feb 2019 5:31 a.m. PST

I dislike cg figures at the best of times, especially off the plan.

Otherwise, the concept is nice. Would look nice as 2 part metal with interchangeable torsos.

Needs a queen and swarm bugs and eggs. A scorpion tail variant could ce nice. Don't stop now!

Andy Skinner Supporting Member of TMP13 Feb 2019 6:52 a.m. PST

I'm fine with digitally sculpted figures.

But let me be clear: I do NOT want insect people. Ewww.

Nicely done, though. Now I need to remember to not look back here.

andy

Earl of the North13 Feb 2019 8:42 a.m. PST

I'd agree with Ewwww….but in a good way, the one holding the rifle looks a little awkward. Maybe go the genestealer route and give them on set of hands on the front arms if you are giving them projectile weaponry. If they are tool users I expect something more delicate than a claw.

The abdomen looks strange, like they would have to drag themselves along the ground, maybe add or move some legs so that they have grasshopper style back legs so they look like jumpers or just more legs that look like they could propel themselves at the threats to the hive.

Personal logo Dances With Words Supporting Member of TMP Fezian13 Feb 2019 11:05 a.m. PST

'Bugs, Mr Rico…..millions of them!!!'

Yeah, Baby!!!

starship trooper13 Feb 2019 2:13 p.m. PST

Nice…A class variant with one set of appendages that have opposable digits would suggest the capability of construction of weapon shown….not interested in
bipedal insectoids

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.