Help support TMP

"Playing Blucher solo" Topic

8 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Napoleonic Discussion Message Board

Areas of Interest

Napoleonic

521 hits since 8 Feb 2019
©1994-2019 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

David Grech08 Feb 2019 1:16 a.m. PST

Have been wondering about the possibility of rolling the three hidden movement points dice for solo playability

The simplest solution I can come up with is to roll one die at a time without knowing what the next rolls are

Not the best solution but simple

Have you ever considered or came about something else

David

Footslogger08 Feb 2019 1:28 a.m. PST

There are other suggestions on the Honour website.

I've gone with the one where you use playing cards instead – 18, with a joker – your turn ends when the joker comes up.

You could use two jokers instead, and your turn ends when the second one is played, but I've tried that, and the end result in a 300-point battle is that you usually get to do everything you want to.

An Intuitive C-in-C could still use dice.

Dexter Ward08 Feb 2019 2:14 a.m. PST

Just roll the dice after you spend momentum each time.
If you roll less than or equal to what you've spent, the turn is over.

Lord Sunderland08 Feb 2019 5:19 a.m. PST

I've set up a excel macro to calculate the hidden roll. I input the points used each time I move a couple of units as per the Blucher rules, and when I am at/over the hidden roll the actual roll is revealed.

FatherOfAllLogic08 Feb 2019 6:53 a.m. PST

All good ideas!

David Grech10 Feb 2019 5:48 a.m. PST

Thank you all for your feedback
Very valid suggestions
The excel could be useful as a mobile app
The pack of cards with a joker will do for now

David

De Berne10 Feb 2019 12:46 p.m. PST

I use the card system and it works really well. 11 cards and a joker for 200 points. You just don't know when that pesky joker will appear!

Footslogger10 Feb 2019 12:52 p.m. PST

I have a Battle of Waterloo Bicentenary pack of cards, and it would be a terrible shame not to use it!

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.