Help support TMP

"Last details added to the rheinland steamer" Topic

7 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the WWII Naval Discussion Message Board

Areas of Interest

World War Two at Sea

371 hits since 29 Jan 2019
©1994-2019 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

tomrommel129 Jan 2019 1:58 a.m. PST

I added the last little details to the steamer Rheinland. She will be prepared for casting today and I think I might manage doing the molds tomorrow then. I took pictures of her alongside the tanker from warlord for size comparison .

More pictures on: link

So as this build nears completion I am open for suggestions what should be next. I am thinking about doing a generic cargo vessel size will be in-between the tanker from warlord and a liberty ship. So length would be around 24 cm. Any more suggestions? What is missing for cruel Seas?

Personal logo Grelber Supporting Member of TMP29 Jan 2019 6:03 a.m. PST

It has been interesting watching this ship being built. As for what next, perhaps trawlers, caiques, or other small vessels that might be used to land a few spies or saboteurs, maybe?

Grelber

tomrommel129 Jan 2019 7:05 a.m. PST

good idea Grelber

Joe Legan29 Jan 2019 7:13 a.m. PST

Cargo ship is. needed. What I.really need are some. Raum boats!

79thPA Supporting Member of TMP29 Jan 2019 7:48 a.m. PST

Is this something you are going to sell, or are you molding and casting for yourself?

Callsign 2129 Jan 2019 2:17 p.m. PST

Siebel ferries?

tomrommel130 Jan 2019 3:31 a.m. PST

79thPA I am mainly doing the models for myself ,but if the mold comes out alright, I could cast up a few for others, too . But keep in mind that I am no professional!

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.