Help support TMP

"Trident Designs 40mm" Topic

15 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

Please do not use bad language on the forums.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Figure Finder Message Board

Areas of Interest

General

Featured Hobby News Article

Featured Link

Featured Showcase Article

Transporting the Simians

How to store and transport an army of giant apes?

Featured Workbench Article

Making A Building From Scratch

Gabriel Landowski Fezian shows how to build a structure from common materials.

Featured Profile Article

Escaping to Paradise

Personal logo Editor Gwen The Editor of TMP has been spending time in paradise lately.

1,499 hits since 26 Jan 2019
©1994-2021 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Artorius26 Jan 2019 1:51 p.m. PST

Trident Designs used to be available in the US through The Miniatures Service Center, which has now closed for business. I can't find any webpage for the company. Do they still exist?

Gone Fishing26 Jan 2019 1:54 p.m. PST

I think a third party picked up the range and plans to release them in the future.

Artorius26 Jan 2019 2:35 p.m. PST

Sad to hear. They were beautiful figures from what I've seen on the web. I only just discovered them. I hope it's really true that someone is going to resume them, but I'm not holding my breath.

Companion Miniaturesóbeautiful minisócame, went, got resurrected, then apparently died again.

Monolith Designs/Graven Images, Jim Bowen's great line of minis, is pretty much defunct. Hoka Hey has tried to keep them alive, but it hasn't been easy and is not completely successful.

Dead is pretty much dead when figure companies go out of production, but the case of Trident Designs is odd. Miniature Service Center was their US distributor. They didn't make the figures as far as I know. I don't understand how they would fall off the face of the Earth because their distributor retired.

nnascati Supporting Member of TMP26 Jan 2019 3:12 p.m. PST

You may need to use google to find the thread, but I am pretty certain that Doug announced the name of the party picking the range up.

Phillius Sponsoring Member of TMP26 Jan 2019 3:43 p.m. PST

Not dead, just re-dressing the lines.

I now have the Trident Designs FIW/SYW and AWI ranges.

The molds arrived just befor Christmas and I have just about finished sorting them out. Family holidays getting in the way a bit.

I expect to be able to fill orders in about two weeks time. (triguard2018@gmail.com) email me if you want access to the catalogues.

My aim is to have a functioning website up by the end of February; fingers crossed, dice gods willing, etc. From which you will be able to purchase both the Trident ranges and the Vanguard Men-at-arms ranges.

I will post the web-site address here once it is up and running.

Gone Fishing26 Jan 2019 3:49 p.m. PST

Great news, Phillius! Just curious: are you Stateside or in Blighty? Whichever it is, best of luck with your new endeavor!

Artorius26 Jan 2019 4:03 p.m. PST

Hooray!

Phillius Sponsoring Member of TMP26 Jan 2019 4:08 p.m. PST

Neither, Gone Fishing.

I'm in NZ.

Doug MSC Supporting Member of TMP26 Jan 2019 4:52 p.m. PST

Yes, and I am also excited that the ranges were picked up and will soon be in operation again. I believe Sean will still be designing the figures and adding to the ranges, and also some new ranges are on the horizon.

oldnorthstate26 Jan 2019 6:15 p.m. PST

shipping costs from New Zealand could get a little pricey…

Phillius Sponsoring Member of TMP27 Jan 2019 12:17 p.m. PST

oldnorthstate – from my initial investigations, it seems they are about the same to the rest of the world as USPS. My initial calculations were based on shipping to UK, France, Germany and Russia, and the difference was minimal if any.

We are a long way from the rest of the world, so NZ Post has become very efficient and competitive. Had to really to remain relevant. I will be working on the shipping costs and making sure I can get the best price for customers.

Artorius09 Mar 2019 11:52 p.m. PST

Is there a website?

Au pas de Charge12 Mar 2019 7:10 p.m. PST

There will be a site soon…or so I am told.

I've never used Front Rank 40mm AWI are they comparable in size to Trident?

altfritz18 Aug 2019 1:35 p.m. PST
Alan M24 Aug 2019 1:05 a.m. PST

That is good news.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.