Help support TMP

"Impetus rules and army lists" Topic

9 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Ancients Product Reviews Message Board

Areas of Interest

Ancients

753 hits since 19 Jan 2019
©1994-2019 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Shootmenow19 Jan 2019 4:50 a.m. PST

A friend has recently convinced me to give these rules a go but I've just noticed that a second edition has just been launched. Can anyone advise me if it is worth buying the new edition as I have an option to buy the old edition quite cheaply from another friend who's not that keen on them?

Also, can anyone tell me where I can find an army list for the Goths please? I don't have any of the supplements but the 3 I was able to check didn't have any lists for Goths or similar.

Thanks.

JonFreitag19 Jan 2019 6:50 a.m. PST

There are many changes in the new edition. I would buy the latest. As for Goths, 3rd and 4th Century AD lists are in Extra 3.

Nick B19 Jan 2019 7:17 a.m. PST

I would agree – my copy of the new book arrived today. I've been playing for years but the changes improve playability IMO so I would definitely go for the up to date set.

GamesPoet Supporting Member of TMP19 Jan 2019 7:20 a.m. PST

Impetus 2nd Edition seems a good way to go.

Personal logo Extra Crispy Sponsoring Member of TMP19 Jan 2019 9:03 a.m. PST

Are the army lists still valid? Or should wait on updated lists as well?

Personal logo Stosstruppen Supporting Member of TMP19 Jan 2019 9:11 a.m. PST

They are selling the lists in bundles with the new rules on the Impetus web so I would assume so….

Shootmenow19 Jan 2019 4:46 p.m. PST

Thanks for the info chaps.

fantasque22 Jan 2019 8:37 a.m. PST

The existing lists are definitely compatible. Their website has a short (1 page) file explaining how to use the lists with the 2nd edition rules. The adjustments are very minor. I think I will pick up a set of the new rules at the York show in February if someone has them (or order online if not)

losart05 Feb 2019 4:48 a.m. PST

yes I confirm that the Extra Impetus supplements are still valid. As they will be subsitute in a future (not until the end of the year, possibly later) you could consider to take them as pdf (cheaper) on Wargames Vault

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.