Help support TMP

"Advanced Space Crusade in White Dwarf magazine" Topic

5 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Magazines and Periodicals Message Board

Back to the Miniature Boardgames Message Board

Back to the Wargaming in the United Kingdom Message Board

Back to the Figure Finder Message Board

Back to the Warhammer 40K Message Board

Areas of Interest

General
Fantasy
Science Fiction
Toy Gaming

Featured Hobby News Article

Featured Link

Featured Ruleset

Featured Showcase Article

World's Greatest Dice Games

A cheap way to pick up on the latest fad and get your own dice cup for wargaming?

Current Poll

Featured Book Review

Featured Movie Review

1,465 hits since 25 Dec 2018
©1994-2021 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

By John 5425 Dec 2018 5:39 a.m. PST

Hello folks! Happy Christmas to those of you who celebrate it. I'm after a copy of White Dwarf Magazine that had a ‘cut-out and mount on card' board section for the Advanced Soace Crusade game? I remember cutting it out and using it, before I stupidly sold the lot off a few years back. I think it was WD 132 (ish) can anyone with extensive White Dwarf back issues, let me know the edition number? And I'll go hunt one down.

Many thanks!

John

Wackmole9 Supporting Member of TMP25 Dec 2018 6:27 a.m. PST

do you mean space crusade?
link

#132 had imperial guard

New Rules for Space Crusade Rules for Terminators, Space Marine Scouts, Ork Mobs, Tyranids and Genestealer Hybrids #134

Space Crusade: Renegade 5 part campaign, includes rules and cards for the Space Marine Librarian #145

link to scans
link

By John 5425 Dec 2018 8:15 a.m. PST

Hello Wackamole, thanks a lot, but no, Space Crusade was in conjunction with mb games, Advanced Space crusade was a gw only product, gaming Space Marine scouts boarding, exploring, and trying to cripple, a Tyranids hive ship. With a great card-based exploration system, and a really nice skirmish ruleset when the Space Marine scouts met the Tyranids, it was a great game. And now I've re-bought it, I remember WD magazine having an extra board section. Issue 132(?) was an intro to the game.

link

Personal logo Bashytubits Supporting Member of TMP25 Dec 2018 1:11 p.m. PST

Its the issue with the orks #134. I have scans of the board section and it was in the section detailing the orks.

By John 5425 Dec 2018 1:30 p.m. PST

Peeeeerfect, thanks a lot, Bashy, issue 134 it is!
Cheers, fellas, great service on Christmas Day!
Thanks again

John

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.