Help support TMP


"Space Terrain? Use a starfield gaming mat!" Topic


4 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.


Back to the Spaceship Gaming Message Board



Areas of Interest

Science Fiction

461 hits since 22 Dec 2018
©1994-2019 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo Editor in Chief Bill The Editor of TMP Fezian22 Dec 2018 8:27 p.m. PST

You were asked – TMP link

What do you use for terrain when gaming with starship minis?

21% said "starfield gaming mat"
17% said "black cloth with star spots/splashes"
13% said "black cloth/black felt"

Oberlindes Sol LIC23 Dec 2018 11:22 a.m. PST

The topic name is an interesting choice. A majority of respondents do not use a starfield gaming mat. Rather, a majority of respondents mentioned in the original post use some form of black cloth.

Even taken together, however, all of the respondents mentioned in the original post are just 51% of total respondents. Giving the original poster the benefit of the doubt, I assume that the other 49% are divided into categories smaller than 13%.

I might have gone with a less misleading headline of "Space Gaming Terrain? TMP Somewhat Prefers Black Cloth."

Stogie30 Dec 2018 3:10 p.m. PST

I missed this poll. I use an hold hex mat from GeoHex with the nebula and stars, but I have also made my own asteroids.

I have been discussing with a friend of mine about making better terrain for the hobby.

Daricles30 Dec 2018 7:17 p.m. PST

"Giving the original poster the benefit of the doubt, I assume that the other 49% are divided into categories smaller than 13%."

About 36% of the responses were variations of "I don't play space minis games".

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.