Help support TMP

"Snappy Nappy Reviewed by Little Wars TV" Topic

9 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Napoleonic Product Reviews Message Board

Back to the Napoleonic Discussion Message Board

Areas of Interest

Napoleonic

813 hits since 22 Dec 2018
©1994-2019 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Russ Lockwood22 Dec 2018 3:51 p.m. PST

I was pleasantly surprised to see LWTV review my Snappy Nappy Napoleonics rules. I was even more pleased to see it earn a 9 and 8 (out of 10) for playability after their gaming group used it for a Marengo campaign (separate video from the SN review).

Review of Snappy Nappy by Little Wars TV

Better yet, they're going to use SN for an upcoming 1813 campaign. They also altered the Quick Reference Chart to reduce melee modifiers…calling it 'Snappier Nappy.' Loses some nuances, especially terrain, but melees will be snappier.

One FYI point: SN support -- for almost 10 years -- is provided by Alan, who runs the Snappy Nappy Yahoo Group. For those interested, here's the link:

link

darthfozzywig Supporting Member of TMP22 Dec 2018 9:32 p.m. PST

I just saw this yesterday! Looked like a great time.

T Corret Supporting Member of TMP22 Dec 2018 10:23 p.m. PST

I love the system. My son says it is a sprint into a knife fight. After a few times shaking out of march too early, I learned to trust the scale and the speed of the game.

DOUGKL22 Dec 2018 10:39 p.m. PST

Thanks for the link.

alan L24 Dec 2018 3:56 a.m. PST

Hi Russ,

Thanks for the reference to the Yahoo Group. We have had quite a few new members recently.

Alan

Royal Marine30 Dec 2018 8:45 a.m. PST

I've seen Little Wars TV recently and become a big fan of their work. The reviews are really useful, Snappy Nappy looks like a good set. Is it available in the UK?

Russ Lockwood01 Jan 2019 9:36 a.m. PST

Is it available in the UK?

Yes. You can order it from Caliver Books in UK. Or, you can order direct from the US publisher On Military Matters, which ships worldwide, but the postage cost is probably less from Caliver in the UK.

Royal Marine04 Jan 2019 1:30 p.m. PST

"Roger that"

Royal Marine03 Feb 2019 6:01 a.m. PST

… it tool a while but I got my credit card out of my wallet. It was a struggle!!

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.