Help support TMP

"New Artemis Version" Topic

10 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Nude and Semi-Nude Figures - NSFW Message Board

Areas of Interest

General

785 hits since 19 Dec 2018
©1994-2019 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Tango01 Supporting Member of TMP19 Dec 2018 8:59 p.m. PST

Hasslefree miniatures published new pictures of their new 75mm version of Artemis

Photo blocked by adult filter:
"picture *adult*"

Main page
https://www.hfminis.co.uk

Amicalement
Armand

Come In Nighthawk20 Dec 2018 4:55 a.m. PST

What is up with these figures being left handed? Studies have shown, hoplites needed to carry the shield on the left arm not the right in order to stand in the phalanx.

Tango01 Supporting Member of TMP20 Dec 2018 11:06 a.m. PST

Good point my friend.

Amicalement
Armand

Oberlindes Sol LIC20 Dec 2018 2:25 p.m. PST

Perhaps she is a member of the dreaded left-handed phalanx.

It was sort of the southpaw pitcher of the ancient world.

von Schwartz20 Dec 2018 6:39 p.m. PST

Am I going blind or does she have a tail?

GypsyComet20 Dec 2018 9:16 p.m. PST

She does indeed have quite a… tail.

But I think you are seeing the stand she's sculpted onto. Supporting the sculpt via the base of the spine vs the one downed foot seems like a good idea.

Tango01 Supporting Member of TMP21 Dec 2018 12:01 p.m. PST

(smile)

Amicalement
Armand

buffalo23 Dec 2018 1:52 p.m. PST

I painted the 40mm version some time ago. Getting all of the skin to appear smooth took a while. I used Humbrol petroleum based paint mixed 61 flesh and 33 white and applied several coats thinned down to get a pale skin tone. Shaded with dry pastel. It's not the best, but turned out OK for experimenting with a lot of skin. I have no idea if I will try the 75mm version. That's a lot of skin to get looking smooth. And yes, the wire from, ahem, her back side is a sculpt support. Kev White sculpts beautiful work. [I would post a photo of the painted 40mm version if I knew how to fumble around and get it to show up.:-)]

buffalo25 Dec 2018 10:43 a.m. PST

oops it's 34 white that I mixed with 61 flesh, 33 is the Humbrol black. Anyway that 75mm hoplite will be a lot of skin to get smooth. Still don't know if I'll try it. I hope to see a few photos of it from any of those expert painters out there.

Merry Christmas!

Tango01 Supporting Member of TMP25 Dec 2018 3:23 p.m. PST

Same to you my friend!.

Amicalement
Armand

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.