Help support TMP

"The Plight of the Druze Hostages Held by ISIS...." Topic

8 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Ultramodern Warfare (2009-present) Message Board

Action Log

20 Dec 2018 11:46 a.m. PST
by Editor in Chief Bill

• Removed from Modern Media board
  • Crossposted to Ultramodern Warfare (2008-present) board

Areas of Interest

Modern

254 hits since 19 Dec 2018
©1994-2019 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Tango01 Supporting Member of TMP19 Dec 2018 2:02 p.m. PST

…. & the War on the Islamic State

"Throughout the Syrian war, the Southern Province of Sweida, in coordination with the Syrian army, had succeeded in protecting itself against the jihadist attacks on the province's Western border with Deraa, and on the Eastern flank, adjacent to the Syrian Desert.

By the end of summer 2018, as the war seemed to reach an end in Southern Syria, the local paramilitary units were partially demobilized. The Syrian army units stationed in Sweida's Desert were redeployed to the southwest of Deraa, where they joined the fight against an Isis enclave nestled at the foot of the Israeli controlled Golan Heights.

The demobilization was a fatal mistake. On July 25, at dawn, hundreds of Isis fighters emerged from the Eastern Desert. They carried out a coordinated attack marked by suicide bombings, shootings, and stabbings targeted mainly at the Eastern villages overlooking the Syrian Desert. The poorly armed local villagers, men and women, from 12 besieged villages fought bravely against the invaders, but six villages succumbed to the fundamentalist group as it carried out door-to-door massacres with the help of some local Bedouins…."
Main page

link

Amicalement
Armand

Legion 420 Dec 2018 7:36 a.m. PST

Anyone in ISIS hands' did not and will not fare well, e.g. the Yazidis … All members of ISIS need to be charged with crimes against humanity. And hopefully executed, I don't see much of a chance of "rehab" for these types.

Tango01 Supporting Member of TMP20 Dec 2018 10:12 a.m. PST

Agree!.

Amicalement
Armand

shirleys painting20 Dec 2018 3:45 p.m. PST

Sweden has allowed some ISIS fighters back "home".

Idiots.

darthfozzywig Supporting Member of TMP20 Dec 2018 6:15 p.m. PST

I'm sure that will end well. Smh.

soledad22 Dec 2018 1:52 a.m. PST

Sweden is disgracing herself almost daily. Returning IS terrorists and murderers arnt even calles that but are called "hemvändare" which means "people returning home".

They are best "treated" by being given money and aparements and such by wellmeaning but clueless socialworkers. The kind leftwing people (remember this is Sweden, a US leftwing is basically radical right wing in Sweden. So leftwing in Sweden is vey very much leftwing) believe JIhadist terrorists can be treated much like any criminal. They completely disregard the ideological part or that they do want to become a part of our society.

Tango01 Supporting Member of TMP22 Dec 2018 11:43 a.m. PST

You are kidding me!… given them money and apartaments???….

Amicalement
Armand

soledad22 Dec 2018 11:49 a.m. PST

I wish I was kidding…

The line of thinking is that they have made a bad decision in life (joining IS) but have returned and want to become a productive member of the country. But since they usually do not have much of education or needed skill. "We" should provide you with it. But to be able to study you need a place of your own, so first you should therefore be "given" a place to live, that is an apartment… And since it is Sweden with a very well developed system of social benefits you get money…

So in a way we promote horrible behavior. It is even a joke that if you want an apartment you should first become a criminal…

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.