Help support TMP

"Fictional Nap Campaign Battle, French v Prussians" Topic

9 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Napoleonic Battle Reports Message Board

Back to the 6mm Napoleonics Message Board

402 hits since 5 Dec 2018
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Grymauch05 Dec 2018 12:13 p.m. PST

This is a fictional battle in my Napoleonic campaign. A Prussian Brigade on its way to reinforce Blucher is intercepted by a much larger French Corps. The Prussians fight a desperate battle for survival. 6mm figs by Baccus. General de Brigade rules used with some mods. An AAR of the battle and details of the campaign are on my blog.
https://grymauch.blogspot.com

picture

picture

picture

DinOfBattle205 Dec 2018 12:43 p.m. PST

wow!

JMcCarroll05 Dec 2018 3:25 p.m. PST

Out numbered 3 to 1 and still an excellent game!

Desert Fox05 Dec 2018 4:11 p.m. PST

GREAT looking battle!

Tell us about your basing and terrain!

Lascaris05 Dec 2018 4:20 p.m. PST

Really well done AAR. I like the OOB and map overview and the plethora of photos. Nice!

Personal logo Whirlwind Supporting Member of TMP05 Dec 2018 8:37 p.m. PST

Very nice. Great-looking game and good write-up.

Grymauch06 Dec 2018 12:59 a.m. PST

Many thanks chaps for the kind comments.

Desert Fox….. bases are 15mm x 15mm for inf, 20mm x 15mm for cav and 15mm x 20mm for arty. Mounted on artist card and used Baccus basing materials for the scenic part.

Terrain boards are from a now defunct terrain manufacturer (Purbeck Terrain). Roads, hills incl cliff sides scratch built. Trees from China. Buildings in village by Timecast and 2 cottages from Total Battle Miniatures.

marshalGreg06 Dec 2018 9:32 a.m. PST

Very Nice AAR and collection

Did the issues with the French order falters and Prussian veteran line falters due to a lower grade trrops of landwehr nearby routing/falling back, make sense to you as to the higher or lower level of play with regards to these rule system?

I see many of the units are 6 fig on 5 stands.
They look stellar En mass!
Just wondering the 5 stands per unit, especially with the french [where typically see collections with 6 ( as in 6 co)]?
MG

Grymauch06 Dec 2018 11:27 a.m. PST

Thanks marshalGreg. Some of the morale failures were due to routing/dispersing troops close by but most were due to casualties from shooting or as a result of charges. A poor grade unit such as conscript Landwehr routing near a Veteran unit will still generate a morale check for the latter. The Veteran unit will of course have a better chance of passing it. Hope that answers the first part of your Q.

The rule system has a figure ration of 1:20 therefore the size of my units represent formations accordingly. Some units have suffered attrition during the campaign so are smaller. So yes, 6 figs per stand but some units in this battle have as few as 3 bases with the largest 7 bases. I prefer it this way rather than generic unit sizes.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.