Help support TMP

"best WWII U.S. Sculpts?" Topic

8 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the WWII Models Review Message Board

Back to the 15mm WWII Message Board

568 hits since 5 Dec 2018
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

The Membership System will be closing for maintenance in 3 minutes. Please finish anything that will involve the membership system, including membership changes or posting of messages.

Pvt Snuffy05 Dec 2018 4:42 a.m. PST

Without taking cost as a factor, what are the best 15mm sculpts for US WWII, especially ETO which is my primary interest.

"Best" in my view includes quality of casting, animation, details, ease of painting, historical accuracy, quality of pose [do they look like they're fighting or dancing??], sturdiness for wargaming, etc.

Feel free to ask me to qualify, but at the moment I really like Old Glory Command Decision for animation, pose variety and proportions, and Peter Pig [Oink!] for clean sculpting, sturdiness, details and ease of painting.

Open to more thoughts.

ccmatty Supporting Member of TMP05 Dec 2018 4:50 a.m. PST

what scale?

for 20mm, AB sculpts are awesome.

Pvt Snuffy05 Dec 2018 5:21 a.m. PST

15mm – as it's cross-posted and I mentioned two 15mm lines, I didn't actually say it, however!

Post Edited.

johnbear4405 Dec 2018 12:35 p.m. PST

I like the flames of war plastics, just wish they had a little more variety.

Personal logo Mserafin Supporting Member of TMP05 Dec 2018 1:57 p.m. PST

I like the original Battlefront ones from before FOW, but good luck finding them.

saltflats192905 Dec 2018 8:11 p.m. PST

I have the old Glory and been happy with them. A few Peter Pig fill ins for weapon teams, etc. that I didn't want a bag of 50 of.

Sigwald06 Dec 2018 1:24 p.m. PST

I like the old glory line but find the US steel pots a bit sketchy on some of the guys.

Plastic Soldier Company guys are nice as well. I have the 1/72 guys and really like them. I think the 15mm are the same sclupts

TheNorthernFront06 Dec 2018 7:11 p.m. PST

The Flames of War line in metal are pretty good. I think the recent move toward plastics has been a bad move.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.