Help support TMP

"Crooked Dice - Black Friday Deals? Shapeways Discount" Topic

11 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the SF Discussion Message Board

Back to the Consumer Affairs Message Board

Areas of Interest

General
Science Fiction

405 hits since 22 Nov 2018
©1994-2019 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Thresher0122 Nov 2018 8:42 a.m. PST

Just curious to know if Crooked Dice is offering any deals for Black Friday, or the holidays?

Please share if you are aware of any.

I see a notice from Shapeways that you can get 15% off your own model uploads to them for Black Friday.

Nice, if you are a 3-D modeler, but useless to me, so a bit underwhelming. A pity.

Personal logo TheWhiteDog Supporting Member of TMP22 Nov 2018 10:08 a.m. PST

Today is a discount on your own models, but I believe Monday is a discount on all models. Same 15%, just open to everyone.

MajorB22 Nov 2018 11:35 a.m. PST

Why don't you just check their web site?
crooked-dice.co.uk/wp

Thresher0122 Nov 2018 4:03 p.m. PST

I did.

Black Hat Miniatures23 Nov 2018 2:02 a.m. PST

I would have thought that Crooked Dice with a kickstarter just finished don't need a black friday sale.

Or, like sensible small British companies they are just ignoring the nonsense of an American tradition…

Mike

TRUgamer23 Nov 2018 7:34 a.m. PST

Snobbery and snark doesn't attract many new customers.

Texas Jack23 Nov 2018 8:46 a.m. PST

+1, TRUgamer

Black Hat Miniatures23 Nov 2018 9:00 a.m. PST

Sorry, feeling cynical after being bombarded all day by Black Friday emails…

But Black Friday does make little sense for smaller companies in the UK where we don't have a post thanksgiving sales slump and we are about to enter the busiest sales period of the year…

A number of bigger companies in the UK have stopped running Black Fridya sales this year as they realised they were simply losing Xmas sales and making much lower profits at a time when high street sales are decreasing…

Texas Jack23 Nov 2018 10:06 a.m. PST

I feel your pain.
Here in the Beautiful Czech Republic, the biggest online retailer has, at the very least, twenty Black Fridays a year, and the other onliners have followed suit. It truly is absurd.
Oh, and they all call it Black Friday in English, not Czech, which apparently makes it more authentic.

Thresher0123 Nov 2018 2:54 p.m. PST

"Snobbery and snark doesn't attract many new customers".

Very true.

TRUgamer26 Nov 2018 9:08 a.m. PST

I completely understand that this ritual makes no sense to the rest of the world, but we Americans need bargains fast!… before midnight tonight!! lol

TRU

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.