Help support TMP

"Pricing GW collection" Topic

16 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the SF Discussion Message Board

Areas of Interest

Science Fiction

544 hits since 21 Nov 2018
©1994-2019 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

RudyNelson21 Nov 2018 1:47 p.m. PST

Among the 7,000 books that came in from the closed store were four boxes of really old models and a GW collection.
I was able to price most of the military history books. The models, I will check with a plastic model specialty store. The giant Triptiz alone must be worth something.
Anyway there were two boxes of GW. One looked to be a large force of Elder including scout bikes and Titans.
The other was mainly elf with some dwarf, goblin and Orc also.
So how do I baseline price the GW? I will have to search for the cannons and other large pieces. But how about the 12 Orce riders and elf foot? Thanks

The Elder are mainly foot troops with power rifles and mostly guys in power armor. Some of these may be Space Marines.

28mm Fanatik21 Nov 2018 2:40 p.m. PST

Without knowing how OOP they are, it's hard to put a price tag on them. Do the package boxes they come in have a production date? Pics would also be helpful.

It's impossible to appraise something without knowing exactly what they are.

robert piepenbrink Supporting Member of TMP21 Nov 2018 4:19 p.m. PST

The Fanatik's right. This is just not enough information to work with.

JimSelzer Supporting Member of TMP21 Nov 2018 4:24 p.m. PST

2 bucks a figure

RudyNelson21 Nov 2018 5:48 p.m. PST

I do not care to get premium prices. I do not stock GW. So they are bulky to take to shows. Only four packs. The rest are partially painted. This includes the Blood Bowl team, elf I would guess.
Thanks Jim, $2 USD each sounds good for grunts. I might do $3 USD for power armor and specialty elites.
Now to check on the cannon, titans and speeders.
Thanks

Winston Smith Supporting Member of TMP21 Nov 2018 6:30 p.m. PST

Will "current" GW players even want the classic Old School figures?

Personal logo Dye4minis Supporting Member of TMP21 Nov 2018 8:11 p.m. PST

Sure they do! Just look for "Oldhammer". Seems like there are a bunch of folks that really enjoy gaming the older editions more than the new. With the "new" prices far too steep for many to start all over again, the older figs remain in high demand for many.

RudyNelson21 Nov 2018 8:32 p.m. PST

Good question Winston which is why I am pricing them to sale quickly. I knew how to price the Foundry and other historical sin the box.
I have run into several groups during my convention tour that are not playing Sigmar. For Tournament play the number of player in Kings of War run between 30 and 50 players.

shirleys painting21 Nov 2018 11:05 p.m. PST

I'd be interested in the Blood Bowl team, if you'd like to sell it to me.

RudyNelson22 Nov 2018 6:07 a.m. PST

Shirley, where do you live? Send me an email.
scottnelson@bellsouth.net

ROUWetPatchBehindTheSofa22 Nov 2018 11:59 a.m. PST

Seriously depends on what you've got. Anything from $2 USD and upwards for a figure – bear in mind there are collectors out there for the older stuff who will pay truly silly, silly money for the right figures. Hell not that long ago I ebay'ed batches of badly assembled and poorly painted WFB and 40K plastics for GBP10 to 60, which I judged to be barely salvageable and only with extreme time expenditure.

shirleys painting23 Nov 2018 4:41 a.m. PST

I live in PA, in the US.

joedog24 Nov 2018 2:14 p.m. PST

"Oldhammer" refers to using previous rules-sets. Many people play 40k with older models. I was using an army made up of 100% pre-1990 minis in official GW store events as late as 2004 (early 4th Edition), and getting good feedback on the "classic" minis.

When you say "boxes" do you mean product boxes, or storage boxes?

Pics would help people give you a better idea of what you have, and what they may be worth.

RudyNelson24 Nov 2018 6:01 p.m. PST

Storage boxes. All but four packs are loose.

RudyNelson28 Nov 2018 12:39 p.m. PST

Well I just got another large box of miniatures from GW. I was surprised to see both Eldar gun and Transport Falcons in it. I plan to take these to the Siege of Augusta show in Jan.

RudyNelson28 Nov 2018 2:21 p.m. PST

There were also six more plastic Eldar warmachine maybe Titans. A box of five Grey Knight Terminators. A bunch of Harlequins. And a chaos He'll-cannon in a box.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.