Help support TMP

"Campaign rules" Topic

5 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Napoleonic Discussion Message Board

427 hits since 8 Nov 2018
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

4harrisons08 Nov 2018 2:53 p.m. PST

What if any campaign rules are you using at the moment? I'm looking for something to help manage a small campaign based around Andalusia – so nothing too large – and I'm trying to avoid going back to Bruce Quarrie.

Thanks for your help.

Peter Harrison.

Personal logo Whirlwind Supporting Member of TMP08 Nov 2018 3:52 p.m. PST

I'm not playing one at the moment (too much on) but ones I have played and enjoyed in relatively recent times are:

The rules from the Tomb for an Empire boardgame: link

The rules from the Polemos Napoleonic companion: link

The generalship game in Paddy Griffith's Napoleonic Wargaming for Fun: link

Various rules from magazines. The ones from the top of my head…

Henry Hyde's rules in Battlegames magazine: https://payhip.com/b/LU1d

George Gush's rules in Miniature Wargames 31

Steve Jones' rules in recent-ish Miniature Wargames. I think his Waterloo ones were in 386, he has also done some for the Danube campaign.

Paul Leniston's campaign rules: link

A lot will depend upon the size of forces and how long you want a campaign to run I think and how much you want to emphasize the role of supply versus tactical manoeuvre.

Nine pound round08 Nov 2018 5:48 p.m. PST

If you want to deal with the questions of logistics (with an authentic level of paperwork), there is the "Empire Campaign System." Hard to find, though.

Major Mike08 Nov 2018 7:19 p.m. PST

Look at the Blucher rules for their campaign system

https://sammustafa.com/blucher

Lascaris09 Nov 2018 10:28 a.m. PST

It's probably too large but we are going to use Wellington's War by Pacific Rim publishing to do our peninsular campaign.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.