Help support TMP

"Casualty markers" Topic

4 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the 18th Century Discussion Message Board

Back to the 19th Century Product Reviews Message Board

Back to the 18th Century Product Reviews Message Board

424 hits since 11 Oct 2018
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

von Schwartz12 Oct 2018 4:40 p.m. PST

A short while ago I was tooling through the various boards stopping periodically to make a snide remark. I noted on one where there was a link to some table top battle that the casualty marker appeared to be a small disk with a sliding ring. The ring had a small opening and the disk beneath had numbers, 1-4 painted on it at intervals. When the ring was moved it would reveal the number that was beneath. GREAT!!!! casualty counter, if you are using multi-figure bases. These gentleman also painted a wounded or dead figure on top to emphasize the fact that this was a "casualty" counter, really neat. Now the question, anyone ever see this and know where I can get some. Again being a staunch colonist I prefer a US distributor if at all possible, no offence, I just hate using the currency conversion tables.

Personal logo The Beast Rampant Supporting Member of TMP12 Oct 2018 5:18 p.m. PST

I don't know if this is quite what you describe, but Litko (in the US) makes these:

link

Personal logo Narratio Supporting Member of TMP12 Oct 2018 6:54 p.m. PST

My way is to use old Heroclix figure bases. Scrape off the figure, Pop it open, print a new paper wheel of figures, glue in place, pop the top back.

A fair time ago I happened to pick up a box of 200 broken or spared figures for $5. USD Yay! So, dead easy.

twicethecaffeine13 Oct 2018 12:32 a.m. PST

I use these from Warbases…

link

link

(EDIT) …Sorry just reread your post and noticed you wanted US based, still these may be of use to UK gamers.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.