Help support TMP

"KS: Killer Medieval Rabbits" Topic

19 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the 28mm Fantasy Message Board

Back to the Crowdfunding Message Board

689 hits since 24 Sep 2018
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

ced110625 Sep 2018 2:51 p.m. PST

This modest Kickstarter is for a limited range of small, 25mm-ish scale Killer Rabbits, cast in pewter, in a variety of poses, wielding a variety of weapons all based upon 11-14th century art found in the margins of medieval manuscripts, based on… wait for it… rabbits!

link

79thPA Supporting Member of TMP25 Sep 2018 3:06 p.m. PST

That's something you don't see every day.

Winston Smith Supporting Member of TMP25 Sep 2018 3:33 p.m. PST

One thing I've never understood is mounting lancers on snails or turtles.
How do you get momentum? Isn't that what lancers are all about?
Your rules would probably have "Infantry" moving at 6" and your lancers at 1/4" per turn.

I don't get it.

Soaring Soren25 Sep 2018 4:26 p.m. PST

Perhaps the snails glide along on their slime trails?

roving bandit25 Sep 2018 5:44 p.m. PST

Their "racing snails".

Lucius25 Sep 2018 6:11 p.m. PST

You accept that rabbits can have swords, bows, and spears, but speedy snails are a bridge too far????? :-)

Winston Smith Supporting Member of TMP25 Sep 2018 6:13 p.m. PST

My suspension of disbelief can go only so far.

Personal logo gaiusrabirius Supporting Member of TMP25 Sep 2018 6:22 p.m. PST

Oh, never mind believability, these are great! I like to think the long-gone monks, artists, etc. who generated these fanciful images would be (are?) pleased by this tribute to their artistry.

Personal logo Bashytubits Supporting Member of TMP25 Sep 2018 10:47 p.m. PST

What, you don't see the flames coming from the snails hind quarters in the illustration? It is obviously propelled by black powder rockets.

ZULUPAUL Supporting Member of TMP26 Sep 2018 2:01 a.m. PST

Interesting but only that at that price range.

Personal logo The Beast Rampant Supporting Member of TMP26 Sep 2018 6:48 a.m. PST

My suspension of disbelief can go only so far.

But you were OK past rabbits with bows?

Because it's fun and fanciful. And apparently historically documented. I'm in.

I just wish there were more missile troops to make a small unit. Though I realize these were all sculpted for yucks and not necessarily for dedicated wargaming forces.

advocate26 Sep 2018 10:56 p.m. PST

Winston, what about the 'hunting snail' carried by the hound-rider?

ced110627 Sep 2018 8:47 a.m. PST

Various theories, including…

"Randall claims that mutating the knights into half-human hybrids was a popular little trend-with-a-trend, which some artists took to its logical extreme: replacing the human knights entirely with animals.

"Since human knights are often seen trembling before—or, indeed, losing to—the harmless, slow-moving snails, it makes sense that the image is a way to emphasize cowardice.

link

Guthroth27 Sep 2018 9:10 a.m. PST

Lovely idea, but the cost of getting them to the UK without an EU deal kills it for me.

Baranovich28 Sep 2018 5:28 a.m. PST

…"I warned you. But did you listen to me? Oh no, you knew it all didnt you! Oh no, it's just a harmless little bunny, isn't it!"

- Tim The Enchanter

Gone Fishing28 Sep 2018 10:43 a.m. PST

I like these very much. In addition to their medieval precedents, they also happen to be spitting images of the illustrations in the old rpg Bunnies & Burrows, which makes them all the better!

Personal logo The Beast Rampant Supporting Member of TMP28 Sep 2018 6:34 p.m. PST

Racing snails are also well-documented by "Ben & Holly's Little Kingdom", to which I am relentlessly subjected.

justBill29 Sep 2018 1:41 p.m. PST

Id really like one of those bunnies braining the monk!

advocate01 Oct 2018 3:20 a.m. PST

You might just get me if you do the rabbit loading a trebuchet!

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.