Help support TMP

"BOKI 1:100 British Infantry 1792" Topic

28 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Napoleonic Product Reviews Message Board

Back to the Napoleonic Discussion Message Board

851 hits since 20 Sep 2018
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Sho Boki20 Sep 2018 1:32 p.m. PST

BOKI Mass Army Project 2018
1792 British infantry

I am not sure, which set will be released first, these British or Les Bleus for the same period.
British need two officers to finish and for French all their plundered prey.

Ironside20 Sep 2018 4:18 p.m. PST

I like these.

von Winterfeldt20 Sep 2018 11:01 p.m. PST

looking very nicely – hopefully you do a colour bearer as well.

Sho Boki21 Sep 2018 2:11 a.m. PST

Of cource, ensign is one of two officers.
In Mass Army Project there are 3 command figures: Officer, Flagbearer and Drummer.

von Winterfeldt21 Sep 2018 4:29 a.m. PST

excellent, but about the NCO – I will get in touch with you by pm

John Tyson22 Sep 2018 3:45 p.m. PST

I like!!

Personal logo deadhead Supporting Member of TMP23 Sep 2018 10:18 a.m. PST

So now e all want to know what von W said.

It is daft. It is just outside my era of interest. But yet, I now want to know what he said.

Will it be the spontoon/pike idea (except for light company of course)?

Sho Boki26 Sep 2018 10:58 a.m. PST

May be here are answer? ;-)

Sho Boki27 Sep 2018 6:42 a.m. PST

Personal logo deadhead Supporting Member of TMP27 Sep 2018 11:22 a.m. PST

That is particularly impressive sized spontoon/pike/halberd that poor NCO is carrying.

I suspect he might have carried it nearer the centre, to lessen the massive leverage it would otherwise exert. However, I can understand the problem then is a new arm position for just one figure……

Sho Boki27 Sep 2018 12:05 p.m. PST

Rear view.
Most of troopers have breadbag, but some will be without.
Now I must find out, how British kanteen looks like.
Not wooden one, but earlier, metallic one.

von Winterfeldt27 Sep 2018 1:03 p.m. PST

for metalic one, it should be close to those carried in the AWI – great effort Sho.

For grenadiers and NCO – form the photo – a bit a low neck – compare to the drummer boy.

Sho Boki28 Sep 2018 2:50 a.m. PST

Yes, you tells me about AWI kanteen, but I haved no idea, how these looks like. I founded pictures now and sculpt these.

About neck, you are right, all troopers suffered by this, because the common sculpting mistake – belts and shoulderstraps will rise the shoulders. I now cut off all straps with buttons on right shoulders, so no sculpted straps there and these must be painted without reliefs.

von Winterfeldt28 Sep 2018 10:22 p.m. PST

two options to overcome short neck syndrome, take off material before you sculpt onto, or do neck and face after sculpting equipment, or heads different, only collar on dolly (like Perrys also do for 28 mm

Sho Boki02 Oct 2018 4:13 a.m. PST

This kanteen on central figure have right shape?

von Winterfeldt02 Oct 2018 4:46 a.m. PST

difficult to spot the shape on the photo, I did find two canteens of about 1766 – in Neumann and Kravic, I will do a photo tomorrow and send it to you.

Sho Boki03 Oct 2018 4:33 a.m. PST

Troopers with breadpacks and kanteens.

British will be released before French. Officers are not finished yet but I already started to make mould. There are lot more work to do with French.

Sho Boki03 Oct 2018 6:45 a.m. PST

Officers progressed..

Sho Boki06 Oct 2018 2:10 a.m. PST

von Winterfeldt06 Oct 2018 3:05 a.m. PST

please check shape of gorget, it is different to French one. great looking colour bearer

seneffe06 Oct 2018 10:40 a.m. PST

These look beautiful- well done.
One point- I think I see moustaches on the Grenadier figures. British Grenadiers did not wear moustaches as a general rule. There were VERY occasional exceptions to this- eg the 36th Regt in India- but almost all Grenadiers were clean shaven like the ordinary companies.

Moustaches are correct though for Hanoverian Grenadiers who wore very similar uniform to the British in other respects- so you could create both British and Hanoverian options for your range.

Sho Boki06 Oct 2018 11:10 a.m. PST

Damn! You are right! No moustaches on pictures too!
And these grenadiers already are in moulding cocoons.
I look what I may do..

seneffe06 Oct 2018 2:53 p.m. PST

No problem- just keep the moustache guys as a Hanoverian variation.

The Hanoverian infantry followed the British 1768 uniform pattern, and all its later amendments quite closely. The Hanoverian light infantry and cavalry uniforms had more differences from the British model. However, as far as the line infantry is concerned- one of the main visible differences would only have been the Grenadiers' moustaches.

The Hanoverians saw a lot of combat in Flanders 1793-95 alongside the British, so anyone making an allied army would need them too. You could get two armies from this situation!

von Winterfeldt06 Oct 2018 11:19 p.m. PST

yes indeed, in case one could shave of the mousetache on the miniature with a scalpel.

Sho Boki10 Oct 2018 3:21 p.m. PST

von Winterfeldt11 Oct 2018 2:50 a.m. PST

well done

von Winterfeldt11 Oct 2018 9:18 a.m. PST

order placed

Sho Boki11 Oct 2018 12:49 p.m. PST

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.