Help support TMP

"Traces for limbers added - Artillery Autumn continues" Topic

8 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Blogs of War Message Board

Back to the Napoleonic Painting Guides Message Board

Areas of Interest

General
Napoleonic

650 hits since 17 Sep 2018
©1994-2019 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Arcane Steve Supporting Member of TMP17 Sep 2018 4:39 a.m. PST

My latest blog where I explain how I added traces to my RHA limber and the pit falls to avoid in future!

link

picture

Personal logo deadhead Supporting Member of TMP17 Sep 2018 7:12 a.m. PST

Your method of winding rope is just superb. Dead easy and must try it.

The traces do look so good and transform the final model.

I have discovered a useful cheat, which I showed here before. A wire that comes in two thicknesses (as can brass picture wire actually), for 18m or 28mm use? Very rigid but can be bowed to sag and tough as old boots.

Loved your tale of the battle with the superglue. rang many a bell here!

picture

Pauls Bods17 Sep 2018 8:38 a.m. PST

Looks very good. To attach firmly, would it be possible to drill at an angle into the nags withers (is that what that part of the horse is called)?) ..a small drill hole so that one or two Strands of the twisted wire will fit…the other Strands trimmed off ? Super glue and then align

Personal logo Artilleryman Supporting Member of TMP17 Sep 2018 9:17 a.m. PST

When you can actually buy scale rope, this work is definitely above and beyond. The whole thing looks really good and the painting of the figures is just excellent. I am not a great fan of Warlord figures but the work here has made me think twice.

Tyler32617 Sep 2018 9:38 a.m. PST

I strip wire from old electrical cords and twist them . The strands are fine enough that 4-5 can be twisted to make traces. then clipped to the correct size.

Markconz17 Sep 2018 2:08 p.m. PST

Excellent work!

julianmizzi17 Oct 2018 6:19 a.m. PST

Superb work – lovely result.

Personal logo deadhead Supporting Member of TMP17 Oct 2018 2:36 p.m. PST

Julian!

Where have you been?

What are you doing these days?

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.