Help support TMP

"14" Skeletal Dragon Halloween Decoration" Topic

3 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Fantasy RPG Message Board

Back to the Battlesystem Message Board

Back to the 28mm Fantasy Message Board

476 hits since 31 Aug 2018
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo Sgt Slag Supporting Member of TMP01 Sep 2018 10:03 a.m. PST

Here is a link to my photo album of the figure, which is selling at Menards Stores for $8.99 USD: Album. To give you an instant-needs-gratification fix, here is a nice picture to whet your gaming appetite…

link

Now for the details:

Length: 14", snout tip to tail tip.
Width: 11"-12".
Tail: Pose-able, for the first 4"-6", then stiff to the end. Soft, rubber-like, plastic. Should take paint without issue.
Assembly Required? None. It is held together by small Philips Screws, which need to be tightened. There are some gaps in the spine, where the two halves come together. Some of the screwed joints are loose, so tighten carefully, without over-tightening, and stripping the screw-holes out…
Jaw: Hinged, so you can vary the appearance by opening/closing the lower jaw (add to this the pose-able tail, except for the last 4"-6" length), making it easy to modify.
Finish: The wings, and the skull appear to have a bit of dark wash applied -- not enough, IMO, but it is there.
Brand Name: Pumpkin Hollow.

Zombie version:
To make a Zombie version, I would suggest using the paper mache' method demonstrated by GourmetPaperMache, here, on YouTube, at 45 seconds onwards. Basically wetting thin fabric in PVA Glue, and wrapping it around the wings, and letting it drape down, to form the membrane of the wings. The same technique could be applied to the body, to create an emaciated, sunken in, skin. Be sure to leave holes in the body, and the wings, though…

For $8.99 USD + Tax, you can have a really decent Skeletal Dragon model for your game table. My PC's are scheduled to run through my version of Hell, looking to rescue someone, within the next year. This is a perfect encounter to add to the list… Cheers!

tkdguy01 Sep 2018 1:48 p.m. PST

Pretty cool mini!

darthfozzywig Supporting Member of TMP01 Sep 2018 6:06 p.m. PST

Good find.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.