Help support TMP

"28mm Kings of War Dwarf Crossbows and Rifles" Topic

6 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the 28mm Fantasy Message Board

334 hits since 21 Aug 2018
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

DantesWargaming Inactive Member21 Aug 2018 5:47 a.m. PST

These are my Rifles and Crossbowmen for my Dwarf army for Kings of War. They are the first ones I based for the army and went with a snow/mountain theme for them. Link for the pics is below, enjoy.

link

Xintao21 Aug 2018 6:21 a.m. PST

Pretty cool. So KoW doesn't do figure removal?

DantesWargaming Inactive Member21 Aug 2018 6:42 a.m. PST

They suggest you base all your figures up individually and bulk them together in blocks of ten to sixty figures. I didn't think individual bases looked as good so I based mine up on large bases. The rules themselves don't use figure removal despite being based individually which didn't make much sense to me, they use damage markers to denote how many casualties are on a unit.

Personal logo Sgt Slag Supporting Member of TMP21 Aug 2018 11:09 a.m. PST

The snow is very well done. Likely the best snow effect I've seen. Cheers!

DantesWargaming Inactive Member21 Aug 2018 11:49 a.m. PST

Thank you very much Sgt Slag

YogiBearMinis Supporting Member of TMP23 Aug 2018 5:36 a.m. PST

KoW was designed in large part to appeal to Warhammer Fantasy players who had their collections but wanted a different game. Over time, I have noticed more and more KoW players are adopting true element/stand basing and no longer using individually-based figures on movement trays.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.