Help support TMP

"Ark in Biblical Rampant" Topic

7 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Ancients Discussion Message Board

551 hits since 20 Aug 2018
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

colin knight20 Aug 2018 7:09 a.m. PST

Any tips on using Ark of Covenant for Hebrew army. Subtle but allowing use.

advocate20 Aug 2018 7:27 a.m. PST

Are there any rules for an "Army Standard"? Or maybe l;ook at the various leadership characteristics and see which one might be appropriate? No idea what the point-cost might be.

Norrins20 Aug 2018 7:36 a.m. PST

I guess it depends which version of the Ark you want to replicate? Historical vs Fictional (looking at Indiana Jones here)?

Pan Marek Supporting Member of TMP20 Aug 2018 7:37 a.m. PST

If the Hebrews get "The Ark", do other armies get their own
God totem?

Winston Smith Supporting Member of TMP20 Aug 2018 8:05 a.m. PST

The old WRG rules had you able to bump it up to Sacred Army Stsndard. That could cost up to 120 points. When you're playing with 1500 points, that can be a lot.
It could inspire troops, take away the first cause of unease, etc. The downside was that it only gave benefits if advancing.
And then one day the Philistines captured it in battle. Lo! The Lord has turned his back on the idolatrous who marry pagans! And forced an immediate morale check and lost 120 points!
link
But it didn't work out all that well for the Philistines, who suffered a plague of hemorrhoids.

Whether or not other tribes got this is irrelevant. If Phil thought it added color to an army, and could be documented, you got it. I think the Assyrian lists could get similar. In fact, the Philistines suffered so much that they gave the Ark back.

Castaway Arts make a very nice 28mm Ark. it comes with either Hebrew or Nazi crew.

Personal logo Cacique Caribe Supporting Member of TMP20 Aug 2018 11:14 a.m. PST

I have a couple from Crocodile Games. Fantastic detail.

Dan
PS. I like the book illustration that Indy shows the g-men in Raiders:
YouTube link

Lost Wolf24 Aug 2018 3:26 p.m. PST

Ark vs god totem – Ark wins every time. Don't even need to roll the dice

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.