Help support TMP

"Little Wars TV is LIVE!" Topic

4 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Historical Wargaming Message Board

Back to the Videos of War Message Board

525 hits since 5 Jul 2018
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Little Wars TV Steve05 Jul 2018 7:02 a.m. PST

Greetings TMPers!

Little Wars TV -- a YouTube channel devoted to historical miniatures wargaming (and Scotch!) -- has gone LIVE, with the release of our first full episode set to coincide with the opening of Historicon one week from today!

In advance of that release, however, we've already posted three videos you can check out now.

First an introductory video telling you a little bit about us:
YouTube link

Next, an introductory video about the hobby of historical miniature wargaming:
YouTube link

Finally, we give you a sneak-peak at some action from throughout our first season in our teaser-trailer:
YouTube link

If you like what you see, be sure to subscribe to our channel, follow us on Twitter (@littlewarstv) and Instagram (littlewarstv), and like us on Facebook (Little Wars TV). You can also register for free at our new and growing website -- littlewarstv.com -- to participate in some of our planned future promotions.

We hope you'll stop by, and if you're attending Historicon, we'll see you there!

Personal logo Der Alte Fritz Sponsoring Member of TMP05 Jul 2018 8:45 a.m. PST

This is a great idea! I'm looking forward to seeing more in the future.

I'd be interested in being a sponsor of your video channel

Send me an email at: altefritz1740@yahoo.com if you are interested.

Fritz

Personal logo The Virtual Armchair General Sponsoring Member of TMP05 Jul 2018 12:20 p.m. PST

Well, I've subscribed, joined up, and watched the currently available content.

These kids are having fun, and their game room is top notch, but I'm looking to see their first "serious" content.

For a grognard pushing toy soldiers around since childhood, and playing with formal rules since 1970, I'm likely quite a bit older than any of these Gents.

The point being, I hope to see stuff I've NOT seen/done before, or at least done to a high standard. I think they may be able to do it, and time will certainly tell.

But, my first wish would be that they drop the rock music--and the warmed over Wagner--and when they must use music, please let it be historical, of the relevant period, and otherwise show some CLASS!

And like Der Alte Fritz, I am curious to know in what ways retailers such as myself might try to follow their drum.

In the meantime, "Hals Und Beinbruch!"

TVAG

Little Wars TV Steve08 Jul 2018 8:57 a.m. PST

Funny, I had to wait three days to respond to my own topic. <shrug> But anyway…

@Fritz: I sent an email to you on Thursday. If you didn't receive it, check out this link
You can then shoot us an email with what kind of relationship you're most interested in.

@TVAG: Thanks for the sub! I can say that our aim is to present historical wargaming in a way we haven't seen it presented before (and that we would enjoy watching ourselves), so hopefully you'll see something new and interesting to you. I suspect you'll like some of what we do (we do use lots of period music) and you probably won't like some of the other stuff. You know what? That's just fine. As the saying goes "you can't please all of the people all of the time!" We're just trying to please most of the people most of the time. We'll see how it goes, eh?

Look for our first "full" episode on Thursday "Antietam," and then, if you're at Historicon, look for our team members wandering around in "Little Wars TV" t-shirts and feel free to tell us what you think!

LWTVSteve

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.