Help support TMP

"Nap for High Performance" Topic

3 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Ultramodern Warfare (2008-present) Message Board

220 hits since 30 Jun 2018
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo Editor in Chief Bill The Editor of TMP Fezian30 Jun 2018 7:29 p.m. PST

…Sleep is crucial to cognitive thinking, decision making, and reaction time. These are only three of the critical skills one needs to lead optimally, take control of a situation, or safely do one's job. The Navy collisions of the summer of 2017 makes this clear. Insomnia cases in the military increased 372 percent and obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) cases 517 percent from 2005 to 2014. The greatest increases in insomnia included women and senior enlisted personnel. The greatest rates of OSA included men and senior officers. Individuals more than 40 years of age , African Americans, and Army personnel (compared to those in other military services) are at high risk for both…

link

Personal logo COL Scott ret Supporting Member of TMP03 Jul 2018 11:32 p.m. PST

Not just in a military setting, sleep deprivation is a major cause of accidents in civilian life as well.

You could tell the experienced Soldiers on a deployment, they would take a short nap anytime it was available. Because you just never know when you will have the chance again.

Me I LOVE naps, and have been a good napper since kindergarten.

Personal logo Lost Wolf Supporting Member of TMP04 Jul 2018 9:33 p.m. PST

Napping is my new best profession.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.