Help support TMP

"The Blue Fez is still down" Topic

14 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the TMP Talk Message Board

574 hits since 15 Jun 2018
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Kevin C Supporting Member of TMP15 Jun 2018 7:00 a.m. PST

I noticed on June 9, someone posted that the Blue Fez was down. I checked it today, and it is still down. Any news concerning the source of the problem?

Personal logo Cacique Caribe Supporting Member of TMP15 Jun 2018 8:11 a.m. PST

Is that necessarily a bad thing?

I mean, some people like to invoke it all the time, but most of us aren't worthy enough to be "invited" in, right? :)

So welcome to the outside world!

Dan

Texas Jack15 Jun 2018 8:27 a.m. PST

Dan all you have to do is ask, at least thatīs what I did. Nonetheless, after accessing it I wish I hadnīt. grin

skippy0001 Supporting Member of TMP15 Jun 2018 8:30 a.m. PST

I haven't been commenting on there because politics are so polarised world-wide. I miss the exchange of opinion-kept my mind active. Not referring to the Blue Fez but to the media, very few voices of reason out there. Every time I click on the news I ask myself 'What did all the idiots do now?'. "Where have you gone, Khan Noonian Singh…?".:)

Personal logo Cacique Caribe Supporting Member of TMP15 Jun 2018 8:52 a.m. PST

Texas Jack: "after accessing it I wish I hadnīt"

LOL. That's what I've heard from a couple of people too. :)

I guess I need joining another group about as much as I need another hole in my head.

Dan

Personal logo StoneMtnMinis Supporting Member of TMP15 Jun 2018 10:03 a.m. PST

Actually, the Fez can be a lot of fun. You just need a thick skin and knowledge of facts to back your discussions.

pzivh43 Supporting Member of TMP15 Jun 2018 1:58 p.m. PST

Facts! We don't need no stinkin' facts!

zoneofcontrol15 Jun 2018 2:32 p.m. PST

pzivh43 +1

I hate when people insist on letting things like "facts" and "proof" ruin a good knock down, drag out, butt whoopin' argument.

23rdFusilier Supporting Member of TMP15 Jun 2018 6:07 p.m. PST

I had the opposite experience visiting it. They did not let facts get in the way of their prejudices. Plus it provided them a safe place. To quote the civil war soldier, I have seen the elephant (blue fez) and I do not want to see if again.

coopman Supporting Member of TMP15 Jun 2018 6:25 p.m. PST

Yea, the Vril are still updating the site.

Personal logo etotheipi Sponsoring Member of TMP15 Jun 2018 6:44 p.m. PST
Personal logo Editor in Chief Bill The Editor of TMP Fezian15 Jun 2018 8:29 p.m. PST

Let me refresh your memories. Name servers exist on the internet to steer traffic to the correct website. A name server recognizes 'thebluefez.com' and steers traffic to the correct location.

By design, there is not one single name server for the entire internet, but many name servers, which constantly update each other.

There is currently a 'name server war' going on. Our name server at our hosting service is still guiding traffic to the correct website. However, GoDaddy – where we do not have an account – is mistakenly guiding people to a GoDaddy page. Depending where you are located on the internet, when you access thebluefez.com you will see either the correct page or the GoDaddy page.

The next step is to get GoDaddy to stop 'stealing' our website. Will keep you posted.

Personal logo Cacique Caribe Supporting Member of TMP15 Jun 2018 11:47 p.m. PST

Etotheipi

I didn't know there was a clean version of that. Very cool!

Dan

CSherrange18 Jun 2018 12:16 p.m. PST

What is the blue fez????

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.