Help support TMP

"Panzerstal Hetzer - Great Little Model" Topic

2 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the WWII Discussion Message Board

Back to the 20mm WWII Message Board

570 hits since 14 Jun 2018
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Trajanus14 Jun 2018 7:39 a.m. PST

I'm determined to keep "What a Tanker!" under control.

So having built a couple of Armourfast Panthers (other members of my group had bagged Panzer IVs) I purchased an "Easy Model" Tiger I nice ready made item treated with a quick weathering once over and new decals.

What next? Well I fancied a Jagdpanzer of some kind but the big stuff has been scooped, so I thought "38t"! Why not!

In WaT terms "Small", "Fast" and a "TD"! What's not to like?

I found kits either hard to come by, or suffering bad reviews for fit and being small as well as fiddly. Then I spotted the Panzerstal 1/72nd range, with a number of variations including flamme, if you want it!

So courtesy of "Captain Shrapnel Ltd" captainshrapnel.com I now have a tiny tank! God I'd forgotten how small they are in 1/72nd!

And very nice it is too! Great little model, just needing unscrewing from its display base and a bit of dirtying up and off we go!

A "Big Up" for Richard, aka Captain Shrapnel for really fast service and free UK Postage not to mention totally secure packing.

If the Panzerstal range expands I may be back for more.

So far with this and the Tiger I've found the price of ready made is well worth it, providing you are not doing a 1:1 ratio Panzer Regt or are not a total rivet counter.

deephorse14 Jun 2018 1:47 p.m. PST

I've bought a lot of pre-painted Dragon and Panzerstahl models from the Captain over the years. Good looking models and great service. I've got the Hetzer range but even better (IMHO) are all the Panzerstahl variants of the SdKfz 234 series of armoured cars. Dogs cogs.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.