Help support TMP

"Good 1/72 German Truck for Wargaming" Topic

7 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the WWII Models Review Message Board

Back to the Conventions and Wargame Shows Message Board

Back to the 20mm WWII Message Board

410 hits since 12 Jun 2018
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

MiniPigs Supporting Member of TMP12 Jun 2018 1:12 p.m. PST

Anyone have any experience with both of these kits?

Is there a better one around? And by "better", I mean, easy to assemble, handsome model, robust enough for wargaming and neither metal nor resin.

link

link

brucka12 Jun 2018 6:07 p.m. PST

I have the Pegasus kits – haven't put together yet, or even opened. The PSC kits I will buy so I can have 3 Maultier.
Can't beat the price of the Pegasus.

LeonAdler Sponsoring Member of TMP12 Jun 2018 9:36 p.m. PST

Henks site is an excellent source of info. Has reviews of the majority of stuff in 1/72 scale and will give you loads of info all in one place.
henk.fox3000.com/index2.htm
L

MiniPigs Supporting Member of TMP13 Jun 2018 4:44 a.m. PST

That's a great site!

LeonAdler Sponsoring Member of TMP13 Jun 2018 5:13 a.m. PST

It is very useful indeed.
I always assume everyone who does 20mm stuff knows about it but I forget that the crossover between modelling and wargaming isnt a 100% these days.
L

MiniPigs Supporting Member of TMP13 Jun 2018 8:23 a.m. PST

Or, for people who have recently come back into wargaming after a long absence. I have never really seen or handled any of these models.

Grumble8710615 Jun 2018 10:45 p.m. PST

The Pegasus models are very easy to assemble and quite robust. I have not seen the Plastic Soldier trucks but judging by other products from that company, I think the same would be true of them.

Pegasus is true 1/72 scale, so if you have (or plan to get) any Airfix Opel Blitz models, you should be aware that those are 1/76 and don't look good as part of the same unit with Pegasus. Airfix is more complicated to assemble, and the wheel/axle assembly can be a bit less robust. But you do get a PAK 40 75mm anti-tank gun and crew with the truck.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.