Help support TMP

"Ottoman Empire Miniatures " Topic

10 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Renaissance Discussion Message Board

Back to the Medieval Discussion Message Board

Back to the Crowdfunding Message Board

824 hits since 30 May 2018
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Tango0130 May 2018 10:13 p.m. PST

El Kraken Released launched a kiki campaign to develop a 28mm range of OttomanTurks by Tercios Miniatures. What is interesting with this army is that it is compatible with several periods.

picture

picture

picture

picture

picture

Main page
link

Amicalement
Armand

Costanzo131 May 2018 6:17 a.m. PST

Interesting! More figures in the site. I like the reference to the Turkish hero Seyit in the artilleryman who carries the heavy bullet!

21eRegt Supporting Member of TMP31 May 2018 6:24 a.m. PST

Looks quite interesting.

Kadrinazi31 May 2018 6:26 a.m. PST

Solaks without bows? Strange…

Tango0131 May 2018 11:11 a.m. PST

Happy you like them boys!. (smile)

Amicalement
Armand

Marcus Brutus31 May 2018 6:40 p.m. PST

Looks great. I wish someone would do an early 16th Janissary with arquebus in 28mm.

Guthroth Supporting Member of TMP01 Jun 2018 10:46 a.m. PST

Can anyone tell me what date these figures are for ? It looks like 1520-1530, but how late could they be used for ?

Tango0101 Jun 2018 12:19 p.m. PST

Glad you like them too my friend!.

Amicalement
Armand

SAMURAIFREDDY04 Jun 2018 5:47 a.m. PST

How long more will we have to wait to see Jannisaries in campaign dress, i.e. without the ubiquitous (for wargame miniatures only…) hak bork hat that was only worn on parade, while on campaing a more common turban or fez would have been worn. Also while I assume some of the Sipahis would ridden fully armoured horses, a large part of the army would have not..May I suggest more campaign dress and less heavy armour would be a better representation of an Ottoman Army on campaign, assuming this is the scope of this nice range?
thank you

Druzhina04 Jun 2018 10:59 p.m. PST

Jannisaries mostly wearing turbans on campaign does not seem to have been until the 17th century.

The patterned headgear in the "Solaks" pack is not correct for Solaks and it does not seem to be a Peik helmet either.

Druzhina
Illustrations of Costume & Soldiers

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.