Help support TMP

"95th Rifles versus Zombies" Topic

11 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Napoleonic Discussion Message Board

672 hits since 30 May 2018
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

4th Cuirassier30 May 2018 2:51 a.m. PST

Who would win?

foxweasel30 May 2018 3:05 a.m. PST

95th Rifles obviously, even if the zombies initially won some of those bitten would go on to become the 95th Zombie Rifles.

Le Breton30 May 2018 4:38 a.m. PST

Here's the movie version :
link

Personal logo deadhead Supporting Member of TMP30 May 2018 5:49 a.m. PST

So much depends on the quality of the Zombies. If they are Walking Dead Zombies…slow shuffle, dim witted, simple head shot…..95th win any day.

Always amazes me that Rick et al have not worked out that a simple farm implement on a tractor would slaughter them. Just a horizontally rotating scythe, set to head height….game over.

But World War Z….the awful movie not the simply incredible book………now they could shift.

28 Days Later (OK not strictly Zombies) the snag there was how infectious they were

Michael Westman30 May 2018 10:11 a.m. PST

If the zombies were from an armored unit it wouldn't be a fair fight.

4th Cuirassier30 May 2018 3:35 p.m. PST

Zombie cuirassiers? Oh, come on that's a bit far fetched.

Personal logo deadhead Supporting Member of TMP31 May 2018 1:29 a.m. PST

By the end of the Great Retreat from Moscow, I am not so sure. The challenge would have been to distinguish them from the survivors

holdit01 Jun 2018 7:20 a.m. PST

Deadhead: Always amazes me that Rick et al have not worked out that a simple farm implement on a tractor would slaughter them.

Given the quality of decision-making displayed by Rick & co, it doesn't amaze me at all. I'm hoping the new showrunner will inject some better-quality writing into the scripts. :-)

HappyHiker02 Jun 2018 10:37 a.m. PST

Richard Sharpe vs Rick Grimmes ? I reckon Sharpe, both in a straight scrap and in leadership qualities, perhaps a future scenario for kings of war…..

As for the 95th are we talking a battalion of zombie frogs, or like a whole apocalyptic end of world senario. If end of world, they'd run out of shot pretty soon.

Personal logo deadhead Supporting Member of TMP02 Jun 2018 12:16 p.m. PST

Look, all I ask that they do not introduce that Negan character into any game. Or, if they do, that he dies an unpleasant death, early in the process.

The Walking Dead has had notoriously annoying personalities. Hershel. The Governor. He needed killing off earlier than was the case. But Negan. He takes the biscuit as the least plausible, badly written, irritating, character in any drama, ever.

I would love to see Harris, at 200 paces, blow his brains out (Negan's, not his own) with a Baker rifle.

Zombies feature much this week. I was surprised how much I liked the figures shown on the linked site. I simply do not "do" this kind of fantasy thing….but these are really…."cool"?

link

Biggest snag about Zombies? Morale does not count. They just keep coming. OK, a slow motion Banzai, as on Guadalcanal. But even the Japanese fell back in the end. Zombies do not.

4th Cuirassier02 Jun 2018 4:56 p.m. PST

Maybe zombies at Rorke's Drift?

"VWs…faasands of 'em!"

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.