Help support TMP

"The Viaz'ma Catastrophe, 1941" Topic

4 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the WWII Media Message Board

521 hits since 15 May 2018
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Steve Wilcox16 May 2018 4:27 p.m. PST

$1.83 USD on Kindle! :)
The Viaz'ma Catastrophe, 1941: The Red Army's Disastrous Stand against Operation Typhoon:
link

redbanner414516 May 2018 5:51 p.m. PST

I started it and got turned off by reading about German losses of 110 tanks one day, 77 another, etc., in just part of Army Group Center. The numbers seemed ridiculous.

Personal logo Narratio Supporting Member of TMP16 May 2018 7:04 p.m. PST

Agreed, the author didn't quite understand that thier use of the word loss really covered engine, mechanical or electrical failures, lack of supply or crews for an operational day as well as vehicles disabled by enemy action but which were recoverable compared to those totally destroyed. The next day/days/week they'd be back in service. There's some similar confusion on infantry losses. Minor casualties requiring a quick medics visit, sickness, walking wounded, long term disabled, actual dead, prisoners etc. compared to the body count available on the days in question.

Steve Wilcox16 May 2018 10:08 p.m. PST

I hadn't read it yet, but I'm glad it was cheap! Sorry it turned out to be disappointing!

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.