Help support TMP

"The Lodestone modular buildings Kickstarter - ends 5/7" Topic

3 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Terrain and Scenics Message Board

273 hits since 5 May 2018
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Gonsalvo05 May 2018 5:47 a.m. PST

I haven't seen anything on TMP about this very clever and interesting KS. The idea is to use some standard box configurations as the skeleton to which fully pre-painted mdf "skins" are affixed, using strong earth magnets. This allows rapid assembly and disassembly, and reduced storage needs. What's more, the same basic boxes can potentially have a wide variety of different genre "skins" that can be used with them. They are currently looking at doing Sci-Fi, Western, and Gothic Fantasy, but imagine Mediterranean, Russian, and French skins for the Napoleonic era, Middle eastern skins, Oriental skins, Modern skins, Medieval skins, ACW skins…. all re using the same basic boxes as a framework. A huge variety of buildings would be possible with greatly reduced storage needs. The buildings are geared to 25/28 mm figures , without having overly large footprints. The basic boxes themselves can have internal printed inserts to serve as the inside of buildings, or dungeon passages, etc!

Check out their Kickstarter (a very well done presentation) if you are so inclined! I have no connection to these guys in any fashion, nor any idea how likely they are to be able to deliver the product (due May 2019). It looks like they showed the prototypes at Salute this month, though.

They are already fully funded and nearing their second stretch goal.

link

link

Peter

Gonsalvo05 May 2018 6:39 a.m. PST

I forgot you cannot post png format pictures… so let's try that again:

picture

Much better!

Peter

gavandjosh0206 May 2018 5:36 p.m. PST

Thanks – jumped in.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.