Help support TMP

"Blog Composition Question" Topic

4 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Age of Sail Message Board

Back to the Blogs of War Message Board

328 hits since 2 May 2018
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

BrianW02 May 2018 12:50 p.m. PST

For a little over a year now, my blog (https://mymodelsailingships.blogspot.com) has focused on my 1/1200 Napoleonic sailing ships.  Clearly, given the blog title, that's not much of a surprise.  Now though, I'm thinking about starting to look at some of the other periods I game in.  These other periods don't bear any relation to my sailing ships, although one of them can have a naval component.

The blog subtitle does say "and other game things that attract my attention."  My question here then, is: Should I just put new pages entitled "Other Gaming Items: XXX" on this blog, or should I start another blog that focuses on these other periods? I posted this question on the blog as well, along with a poll.   If you want, drop by the blog and make your opinion known there, as you don't even have to leave a comment.

dampfpanzerwagon Fezian02 May 2018 1:24 p.m. PST

My own experience is to do what you feel is right. My own Blog has subjects that take my interest – from 1/100 WW1 aircraft to Fantasy Halflings fighting Roman Orcs as well as painting garden gnomes.

Basically what ever I'm working on.

Tony
dampfpanzerwagon.blogspot.co.uk

boggler02 May 2018 2:24 p.m. PST

I'd start another one but put a very visible link to and fro.

I did this to separate my miniatures blog from my beer and pretzels / board game blog, after the first one started to sprawl a bit too much (I also post on the second more when I'm on holiday…so it's less frequently updated)

link

teaandawad.blogspot.co.uk

BrianW03 May 2018 8:43 a.m. PST

Right now, I'm leaning towards just adding pages to the current blog. I'm concerned that if I take some time off to work on the other areas, then people get the idea that the sailing ship blog has been abandoned.

boggler: I see where you're coming from on that, but when we take vacations I try to avoid doing anything on the internet. Also, these would all be miniatures. If I were in a situation like you describe, I would probably have two different ones.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.