Help support TMP

"Forman's Reds Additional Continental Unit" Topic

7 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the American Revolution Message Board

349 hits since 30 Apr 2018
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

nevinsrip Sponsoring Member of TMP30 Apr 2018 1:18 p.m. PST

David Forman was a Colonel in the NJ military who raised an additional Continental regiment. The unit was known as Forman"s Reds due to the uniform worn. The regiment fought in and around the Philadelphia Campaign and finally at Monmouth. After that It was absorbed into Spencers Additional.

More leftovers from various figure makers, along with a few conversions. I got the idea to portray these Additional Regiments from the Perry uniform cards that are included with their plastic figures. Something to do with the extra figures.

Figures painted by John Bryant.
Flags by Adolfo Ramos or Flags of War, or both. I used the Buff Divisional type flag to go with the buff facings. The Stripes flag is just generic flag.
Conversions and bases by me.

theminiaturespage.com

‌"TMP link

theminiaturespage.com

‌"TMP link

theminiaturespage.com

‌"TMP link

theminiaturespage.com

‌"TMP link

theminiaturespage.com

‌"TMP link

Generalstoner49 Supporting Member of TMP30 Apr 2018 2:36 p.m. PST

Nicely done again. Thought Webb's regiment was the only Red costed continental regiment.

Scum123430 Apr 2018 7:04 p.m. PST

I thought this was a "That's 70s Show" joke.

1770s I guess.

Winston Smith Supporting Member of TMP01 May 2018 8:53 a.m. PST

I wonder which British Regiment's yearly clothing allotment got nicked by Yankee privateers?

Virginia Tory02 May 2018 5:51 a.m. PST

26th Foot lost their jackets to a privateer (red coats, yellow facing).

nevinsrip Sponsoring Member of TMP02 May 2018 11:26 p.m. PST

I guess that turning yellow facings into buff would be feasible. Anyone know for sure?

Virginia Tory03 May 2018 6:31 a.m. PST

They tried to darken the red dye on the jackets to a dirty reddish brown, but I think they left the facings alone.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.