Help support TMP

"Mysterious Fall Of Russian Reporter Borodin" Topic

5 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Ultramodern Warfare (2008-present) Message Board

570 hits since 15 Apr 2018
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Cacique Caribe Inactive Member16 Apr 2018 10:17 a.m. PST

I'm so used to this stuff happening here in the US … that sometimes I forget how it also happens throughout the rest of the world, like in Turkey and now Russia:

"A Russian investigative journalist who wrote about the deaths of mercenaries in Syria has died in hospital after falling from his fifth-floor flat."
link

The difference is that we in the US keep thinking it's all coincidental, or just the product of crazy conspiracy theorists. But, honestly, how many coincidences does it take for us to become suspicious of someone anyone be they our favorites or not? :)

Dan
PS. Maybe there'll be a movie, novel or Pulp game about this in the future.

picture

Private Matter16 Apr 2018 10:23 a.m. PST

It's amazing how many Russians critical of Putin or his regime keep passing away. Deleted by Moderator

Garryowen Supporting Member of TMP16 Apr 2018 3:43 p.m. PST

NOt surprising. My understanding is that Putin was in the KGB. Business as usual.

Tom

Cacique Caribe Inactive Member16 Apr 2018 4:46 p.m. PST

And I just heard from a source that Merkel may have really been a Stasi informant and that she has provided positions in her internet "hate crime" unit for a lot of former DDR State Propaganda staff.

But that leader's past is still not as open as Putin's own KGB past. :)

Dan

Lion in the Stars16 Apr 2018 5:49 p.m. PST

KGB is a less … objectionable agency than the Stasi, after all.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.